𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐈 dating spread across the school like wildfire. most people were happy for the two of you, however, some weren't so supportive. mainly semi's fangirls who believed that they were the only ones for him. you weren't bothered though. after all, he chose you over everyone else.

you were sat in the gym, watching him practice as you mindlessly fiddled with the sleeves of his jacket. something felt off, like there was a deadly tension in the air.

you shrugged it off, and focused back on your boyfriend. you could never get tired of watching him play. you loved the way his hands skilfully directed and controlled the ball. the way he stuck his tongue out slightly when he was concentrating. the way he'd always look over in your direction and give you a smile.

"alright. everyone have a break." the coach yelled out, and the boys went to the side to grab water bottles and lean against the wall. once semi grabbed his bottle, he immediately started heading over to you. you hopped off the bench you were sat on and began walking to meet him halfway.

however, before you could someone stopped in front of him. you looked in confusion as you saw shirabu glaring up at semi with pure anger in his eyes. you had never seen the second year look so aggressive. it was kind of scary.

semi, clearly not intimidated by his teammate, lightly tapped him on the shoulder. "you mind moving? i was kind of aiming to talk to my girlfriend."

something about what semi said must've ticked shirabu off because the brunette harshly grabbed the front of semi's jersey, pulling him down to his level. then, shirabu's fist came into contact with semi's face.

the entire team snapped their heads over in the direction of the two as you stood in shock.

"you fucking prick." you heard shirabu growl, his piercing glare never leaving the third year setter. "why'd you have to get involved and sweep her off her feet?!" he yelled, and you were filled with pure confusion.

semi's eyes drifted over to you for a moment. "y/n chose me. tough luck, second year." shirabu lunched at semi again, but this time to ash blonde slid out the way. as shirabu stumbled past him, semi kicked the back of his knees, making the brunette crumple to the ground.

reon and tendou quickly grabbed shirabu's arms, dragging him away from semi so he could cool off and not throw another punch.

you ran up to semi, tracing his lip with your finger. it was bleeding badly, and was going to bruise unless ice was put on it.

you looked over to the coach, who seems to know exactly what you were about to ask as he nodded. you gave him a quick smile before dragging semi out of the gym.

"slow down sweetheart, i have practice."

you spun around to give him a firm look. "what you have is a bleeding lip, which will only get worse if it's not treated."

semi didn't say another word, and let you drag him all the way to the nurses office. since it was after school hours, the nurse had gone home. "sit." you gestured to the bed.

"yes ma'am."

you were busy fumbling with the ice pack when semi let out a low chuckle. "you know, i'm getting flashbacks to when you first patched me up." you looked over to him. "i messed up my wrist because i wasn't paying attention. you distracted me."