𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐘 to school much earlier than usual. you couldn't sleep very well at all and kept waking up at random intervals in the night. your room felt hot and stuffy, so you'd decided to just head to school early and walk around for a bit.

you enjoyed the peaceful walk through the practically empty school. there were a few teachers scattered around who muttered a tired 'good morning' to you.

your walk then drifted into the courtyard, passing through all of the school gyms. since shiratorizawa had the money, they spent a large portion of it on sport. you were about to head back inside when you heard the noise of a ball slamming against the sound. the sudden loud noise made you jolt, before curiosity got the better of you.

you slowly approached the gym and peeked through the door. your eyes immediately lay on the volleyball net then drift over to the balls scattered on the floor. you poked your head further in to see which member of the volleyball team was practicing at such an early hour.

you saw the familiar figure prepare to serve another ball. his muscles tensed, making them visible through the white shirt he wore and as he rose his arms up his shirt lifted aswell. semi then served the ball with such a high speed over the net, the ball landing right in the back corner.

you didn't notice, but as you were observing him your body moved on his own to lean against the gym door. the ash blonde noticed someone's presence and furrowed his brows as he looked over to where you were standing. once he realised it was just you, his eyes softened.

"just watching that made me arm hurt." you joked, stepping into the gym to lean against the wall. "why are you practicing so early?"

semi headed in your direction, grabbing his water bottle and leaning on the wall beside you. he tilted his head back to allow you to admire his side profile. "the spring qualifiers. they're coming up, and i don't want to let the team down."

his face hardened as he spoke about the tournament, and you could tell how serious he was about it. it was sweet. you reached up to pat his head. "you'll do great, semi. your hard work will pay off." you smiled.

semi looked down at you before a small smile crept onto his lips. "thanks." he spoke quietly. his eyes looked over to the basket of volleyballs then back at you. "want to try serving?"

you nodded quickly, following him over to the service line. semi picked up a ball and threw it to you before sliding behind you.

your breath caught in your throat as you felt semi's chest pressed against your back. his hand travelled over your arm until his hand reached yours. "you want to hit the ball with the bottom of your palm." he stated, brushing his fingers along your dominant hand.

you nodded, not allowing yourself to speak in case your voice failed you. his other hand found its way to your hip, keeping you facing forward. you could feel his breath kn your neck and suddenly you weren't focused on the volleyball at all - just the player.

"you're going to throw the ball up gently and hit it with the part of your hand i showed you." you nodded again, taking a deep breath, trying to ignore the fact that semi's hands lingered on your hips.

you threw the ball up and hit it with the palm of your head. to your delight, it easily flew over the net and landed on the other side of the court. a proud smile crept across your features. "i did it." you said, turning your head around to look at the boy behind you.