Two For The Price Of One

I walk to my locker with my backpack in hand. It's my final period, thank God. And I was just getting my final books for my class. "Hey Delilah!" Jake ran over with Lanz.

"Wanna come over to my house after school?" Jake grinned at me. "Uhh, why?" I asked, looking at them skeptically.

He shrugged his shoulders. "To have some fun." He said nonchalantly. "Fine." I said turning back to my locker while Jake and Lanz jumped around like little girls.

I slipped a small smile from my face from seeing the two. "Alright, I gotta go. Cya later." I call out as I walk down the hall and to my classroom.

The bell rang and I immediately got up and ran to my locker. I put away all my books and shut my locker with a sigh.

The hall got crowded with students. Everyone was pushing and shoving each other. I finally made it out of the hell hole and took a look around, looking for my two best friends.

I was still searching when someone suddenly hugged me from behind. "AHH!!" I elbowed the kid in the ribs and punched him in the face.

I immediately gasped and put my hand on my mouth when I realized it was just Lanz. He was on the ground groaning in pain. "I am so sorry!" I kneeled next to him.

"Oof. What happened here?" Jake said, walking up to us. And when Lanz looked up to see Jake, Jake responded with a "Double oof! What happened to your face!?" He stifled a laugh.

"Delilah punched me.." Lanz groaned while getting up. I smiled shyly. "Sorry..." I nervously. "I'll forgive you if I get a kiss." Lanz grinned mischievously at me. "Not happening." I deadpanned.

Jake cried laughing while Lanz grieved. My God these two are idiots. The three of us walked to Jake's house after school together.

And since Jake lives alone, we didn't have to worry about his parents or anything. When I looked up, it looked like it was about to rain. "hey, guys? I think we should hurry up. It's about to rain ." I said worriedly.

"Yeah, I think you're right.." Jake said. We ran the next block. We all busted through the door out of breath from running. And as soon as we did, it started to rain.

"Well, at least we're dry." Lanz commented while looking outside. "Yeah.." I agreed with Lanz.

The rest of the time we played video games, watched movies, ate snacks, and I won a game of uno. (But lost like 40 of them) "Hey, I think i should get going guys." I said looking out the window, the sun has already set.

"What? Already?" Jake whined. I rolled my eyes. "It's been five hours. And it's already dark. I need to get going." I get up and out on my shoes and coat.

"Why don't you stay the night? I don't want you to walk alone at night. And plus it's still raining! It's probably cold out there, you'll freeze to death!" Lanz spine worriedly at me.

I shook my head, "I'll be fine. I promise." I walked out the door before they could say anything. I got a few feet before I heard thunder and got wet and cold. I shivered under the freezing weather and rain.

Yeah, they were right. I should have stayed. I turned around on my heels and knocked on the front door to find Lanz opening it with a 'i told you so look' on him.

"My God, don't just stand there! Get in! You're probably freezing you dumbass!" Jake pulled .e in the house and got me a blanket to wrap myself in.

"I think you need a change of clothes." Lanz said. "I didn't bring another pair of clothes. " I muttered. "You can wear mine!" Jake offered.

My stomach twisted, and I felt my cheeks get warmer. I never felt like this before. "You sure?" I asked him. He immediately nodded.

"Right..." I followed him to his room. He handed me a T-shirt and some...boxers!? "You don't mind right? I can get a pair of pants if you are uncomfortable!" He smiled nervously.