...Airy was a Tiny Co-Host (Pt.3)

How ya doing my Edgelings!

ONE Lost Soul AU (Pt.3)

Ack! Sorry for leaving off on a cliffhanger last time... but here is the next part, so I hope that makes it all better. I must say that this AU is pretty fun to write. This chapter specifically focuses on fleshing out the... interesting... relationship between Lantern and Airy. Next chapter is going to be bringing back the gang ya'll! Season 2, Batch 1 let's goooooooo!!!!

Things to note:

#1 - I haven't mentioned this before, but this is a permanent death AU. This basically means that Airy can't respawn anyone. The way it works with his whole...dimension snatching thing, is that he can reach one of his detached hands into different pockets of the multiverse, allowing him to grab stuff from other dimensions. Since the Waiting Room technically is a Limbo and not a dimension, it just means that Airy's hand can't reach there. As you can probably guess, this altered mechanic is going to change the storyline up quite a bit from the original.

#2 - I am shortening the time between Season 1 and Season 2 to five years instead of ten. Also, I know I said I wasn't giving Airy an exact age, but I've changed my mind. So here's his ages throughout the differing time gaps in the previous chapters.

When he died: 6 years old

When he found the Plane: 8 years old

When the Season 1 Contestants arrived: 8 years old

When the Season 2 Contestants arrived: 13 years old

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Lantern screamed as he fell and fell and fell into the deep depths of darkness. Huge chunks of debris plummeted all around him, some the size of pebbles and others the size of buildings. His descent was far from a peaceful fall, as he was battered and rammed into by boulders and rocks, his bronze body denting painfully with each and every collision.

One particularly large stone smashed into his side, knocking the wind out of him and silencing his scream. Yet another smaller, sharper shard crashed into his hood, hammering a hole right through it and becoming stuck in the bent metal, barely missing his fragile glass face.

Complete darkness surrounded him as he hurdled downward into the eternal void.

"Nononononononononononono..." Airy mumbled to himself, eyes wide in terror, unable to see despite his brightly glowing head.

Airy panicked, desperately sifting through the void with his detached hands, hoping to find something in the limitless abyss that might be Lantern. His fear skyrocketed when Lantern's scream went silent. Airy had never felt fear before. He had never felt anything except boredom before Lantern arrived.

The other objects on the Plane meant nothing to Airy.

But he NEEDED to find Lantern.

Finally, he managed to feel something far, far below him.

He quickly scooped a handful of rocks up before they could slip from his grasp, his golden insides quivered as his hand sped back up towards him. This sickening, heart-crushing feeling was completely new to him and it was far too overwhelming. Lantern HAD to be ok.

His hand finally reached him, and he desperately scanned the contents, his panic heightening when he couldn't see metal shining back at him.

Why oh why had he been so careless?!?!???