...Airy was a Dad (Pt.2)

How's it going Edgelings?

OVER 1,000 READS!!!! *Insert ecstatic screeching*

New chapter! Yippeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I had so much fun writing this! I'm falling in love with the dynamics and potential of this AU, so be expecting more of it!

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

The sun was setting, painting the sky in warm shades of orange and pink, though it was hard to see through the thick forest canopy. Light spilled from the windows of the little three bedroom log cabin nestled in the woods, and much commotion could be heard inside. Airy and Bryce had just finished unloading the minivan, and everyone had come in.

"There's BUNK BEDS!!!" Taylor squealed in excitement as she ran out of one of the bedrooms, Amelia hot on her tail. "Can I have the top bunk? Please! Please! Please!" she begged, rushing up and hugging Airy's legs.

Airy chuckled and smiled down at her. "Sure sweetie... Charlotte? You don't mind... sharing a room with them... do you?"

"Not at all." Charlotte grinned, playing peek-a-boo with Charlie in the small living room floor. "There's two bunk beds in each room?"

"That's what the description said." Airy confirmed.

"So you checked that, but it was too much to check and see if they had WiFi?" Liam grumbled sourly and he grudgingly helped drag the suitcases into the correct rooms.

Airy tousled his handle playfully as he walked past, "I think... you'll survive..."

Liam glared at him, "Why do you do this?"

"I thought... it would be fun..."

"Well I hope you're having fun Dad!" Liam huffed as he stomped off towards the bedroom hall, Amelia's suitcase in tow.

Airy raised an eyebrow and bit back a smirk as he watched Liam storm off.

"He'll get over it." Charlotte reassured him, and he nodded.

"Bryce?" Airy called down the short hall leading to the three bedrooms.

"What do you want?" The grumpy teen asked, sticking his head out of the door of the bedroom he and Liam would share.

"Could you please set up Charlie's pack-n-play in the third bedroom?" Airy asked, ignoring Bryce's demeanor.

"Yeah..." Bryce nodded, heading over to the stack of luggage by the front door to retrieve said pack-n-play.

"Where are you gonna sleep?" Charlotte questioned.

"Couch." Airy answered, pointing to the brown sofa behind her.

"Couldn't you just sleep on the bunk in the room with Charlie?"

"I'd be afraid... I'd wake him up..." Airy explained. "I'm... going to go grab some firewood from the stack outside... to light the fireplace..." he informed her as he headed towards the backdoor leading out of the kitchen.

"Mhm..." Charlotte hummed in comprehension.

The autumn air outside the cabin was chill and crisp, refreshing compared to the strong cedar smell coming from inside the small cabin. Airy took a deep breath as he stepped out onto the back porch, walking down the creaky wooden stairs towards the logs stacked up against the side of the cabin. Airy picked four off the top, grunting as he hauled them back up the stairs and into the cabin.