...Airy Returned to Earth (Pt.13)

Heyo Edgelings!!

Dying Sanity AU (Pt.15)

Exciting news guys!!! The cover art competition for the DSAU comic is finished!!! Go check out all the entries in the DSAU comic!!! The new cover for this book is also taken from the competition! Thank you so much doccyboi for making it!!

This chapter is focused on catching up Parker and Officer Goetz' story to the present day... also "The Dead Come Talking" by Roe Kapara really suits this section of the story!

TW: SUICIDE MENTIONS!!!

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Officer Goetz hesitated as he stepped onto the porch of his townhouse, the dusky aftermath of the setting sun cloaking his contorted features. No. He couldn't let himself think. Thinking hurts too much. But she was fresh on his mind. Her image more vivid than it had been in years, revived by the circumstance which he currently found himself in.

Parker paused behind him, his expression distant. WHat the heck was he doing staying the night with some stranger?? Why was he prolonging the inevitable? But something about that odd shine in Jeremy's eyes made him think... Why did he care?

Both stood, veiled in the darkness of the early spring night, lost for a moment in their own worlds of thought, one trying to discover the truth and the other trying with all his might to repress it.

Eventually Parker snapped out of his trance, and began to question what was taking Jeremy so long. The cologne bottle stood still as a statue, not fumbling for his keys or anything. "Um..." Parker cleared his throat.

Jeremy jolted, shaking his head violently, trying to make the echoing voice go away. He sneered angrily, venting his emotion the only way he knew how, "What?!?!"

"Look I really don't care but... are we going inside or not? If not I'm just gonna-"

Jeremy interrupted him by viciously kicking the door, slamming it open, "Get inside!"

"Geez, man... calm down..." Parker rolled his eyes, stepping into the small townhouse. The walls were painted light blue and many beach-themed decorations littered the place. It had that welcoming beach vibe that was signature to many coastal towns, though everything was covered with a layer of thick dust, and trash was strewn all over the floor and couch. It had once been a nice place... someone must've really cared about it...

"Pretty nice place you got..." Parker commented, deciding to not mention the dirt and trash everywhere.

Jeremy didn't respond. He stood frozen, staring at the dining room chandelier. An illusion of a lavender outline, swaying back and forth, just as he had found her all all those years ago... her image returning with vicious ferocity, determined to make sure he never forgot.

"G******IT!!!" the officer yelled furiously, blinking his eyes rapidly to clear his vision of the tears he convinced himself weren't there. Not knowing how else to react, he turned and slammed his fist into the wall, the entire room vibrating with the force of his self-inflicted rage.

"My gosh dude... what's wrong with you???" Parker asked, taking a step back from the suddenly visceral cologne bottle.

Jeremy didn't hear him. He didn't hear anything but the ringing of her voice building in his head. He could feel the weight of her limp form falling into his arms. He remembered screaming at her in anger, demanding that she come back. Aggressively swiping the tears from his face. He refused to let himself cry. He was NOT weak!!!