𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

1 week later

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫

"Have you spoken to Valerian lately?" Scarlett asked me and I put down my notebook with a sigh, "No." She narrowed her eyes at me and I rubbed my hand over my face.

"He hasn't been to class in a while, Which is something he would never do unless he's sick."

"Probably somewhere getting drunk, He'll be fine."

"How would you know th- I went over there two days ago to get clothing, Place was a mess and reeked of alcohol."

"Something probably happened- Not cleaning up his messes, He can clean up his own and deal with it himself."

She groaned and pouted her lips at me, "You guys are so mean to each other."

"Not mean, Just tired."

"Have you even listened to one of his voicemails."

"When I want to." I kicked my feet up and picked my notebook back up.

"You should check up on him since you're so worried."

"We're on a break- All I hear is excuses." She rolled her eyes at me, "Roll your eyes again and I'll give you a reason to roll them."

She scoffed and bit her lip, "Not an excuse." She mumbled while looking down at her phone, "Mhm."

"I'll talk to him when he gets his shit together, Not when he's shit faced drunk."

"Fine."

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠

I sat down on the cliff and let my feet dangle as I drunk from the bottle.

I grabbed my dad's ashes and held them in my hands. "It should've been me."

Tears swelled up in my eyes as I unscrewed the lid, My dad always loved to hike up here because of the sunrise.

I dumped the ashes right next to me and waited for the sun to set, "I'm sorry for drinking again dad, I'm so fucking sorry."

I was 17 when I first started drinking, My childhood best-friend died of cancer and it shattered me into pieces and I went into a depressed state.

I began to drink and smoke just to take the pain away, I got super drunk and crashed their car into a tree.

I got into a lot of trouble and got sent to a rehab for 6 weeks, I was never good with dealing with stuff like this alone so I drunk to keep the pain away.

I swore to my parents I wouldn't drink again so I wouldn't cause harm to myself.

I put my face in my hands and wiped my tears away, I pulled my phone from out of my pocket and clicked onto my voicemails.

He left me voicemails before he died on his way to me, I pressed play on one of them and tried not to break down hearing his voice again.