Chapter 1

For doctors, it is common to perform operations every day.

Therefore, Lu Yan received a call from the director in the middle of the night asking him to go back to work overtime, and Lu Yan had no problem.

After all, his surgical level is recognized by the whole hospital as good, and because he is young, he knows many new surgical techniques. Whenever there are incurable diseases, the director always likes to let him help.

But today's surgery seems to be a little different.

Lu Yan didn't see the patient until he entered the operation preparation room. I don't know what surgery to do.

This obviously doesn't make sense.

In the operation preparation room, Lu Yan changed into his surgical gown and listened to the whispers of others.

"There seems to be another pollution disease in the coastal areas..." The head nurse's expression was worried. "Experts say that the pollution disease is a genetic disease caused by the nuclear pollution of Dongdao dumped into the Pacific Ocean in the last century. Nowadays, the city has been locked down. Fortunately the disease is only found in the coastal areas…”

Lu Yan: "Not only the coast, but also inland. The reason must be more than nuclear pollution."

"Ah, how did Dr. Lu know?"

Lu Yan stated calmly: "My father also suffered from pollution disease. On the second day when the aberration symptoms appeared, the relevant authorities took him away."

Lu Yan still remembered that it was winter. Father's head swelled abnormally, like a water-filled football. A second face loomed over the sarcoma that had grown on the back of the head.

It was the happiest day of his life.

"...Sorry." The little nurse lowered her head.

Lu Yan comforted her: "It's okay. I don't care."

Dr. Li, who was also in the same operating room, looked around and took out his mobile phone nervously.

"My friend is a reporter who happened to be dispatched to City H. He sent it to me in the middle of the night."

Lu Yan couldn't help but look closer.

The picture in the video is very bumpy, looking at the angle, it looks like a candid shot.

The camera is facing the ground, it is night, the street lights are on, and the military explosion-proof shield emits a cold light. There were faint cries and gunshots in the background.

The lens moved up slowly.

When they saw clearly what was pointed at by the gun, everyone present couldn't help gasping for breath.

"What is it?"

In Lu Yan's cognition, the aberrations caused by pollution diseases usually manifested as physical deformities, such as long tumors, curved bones, abnormal brain development... But at least they still retained the human form.

However, what is in the video, it is difficult to judge that it is still a person.

Under the dim light, there is a vaguely human figure standing at the door of the office building. This thing has no head, and tentacles spew out from its neck. The whole figure is like a strange tree.

The tentacles spread around, and at the end of each tentacle hung a dead man. The blood dripped on the marble slab, making a terrible sizzling sound.

"—Prepare! Gather the fire!"