Chapter 21

The province next to Lu Yan’s location was the Fuling Province. It was established in a coastal area and was economically developed.

As the RV turned and went up the mountain, Zhou Qiming vomited into an empty plastic bag. “This is more remote than our poor village in Bashu. Is there really a village in Fuling Province?”

Due to the bumpy roads, he had been gagging the whole way. Good thing he hadn’t eaten yet, so he didn’t throw up anything.

Since they departed from K City to here, seven hours had already passed. The watch on Lu Yan’s hand detected that he had left K City five hours ago. He immediately received a message from Su Fufeng asking him what he was doing outside the province.

Lu Yan replied, For travel.

He didn’t have any intention of turning off the GPS tracker. In case something happened, the PDC would surely come to rescue him on the account that he belonged to the healing system.

As the altitude rose, even with the naked eye, a layer of white fog could be seen surrounding the area. The temperature had also decreased by a lot. One could make out abandoned villages through the fog, the prosperity of the past could be vaguely seen.

The air humidity increased, and Lu Yan's breathing became moist. He liked this feeling, coming back here felt like coming home.

Since his symbiosis with the Kingfish, he had come to particularly like rainy days.

Zhou Qiming suspected that he got pregnant because he drank the water in this area, so this time he prepared a specialized RV. It was a two-storey RV where they could make fire in the car to cook. There were even sofas and televisions installed.

It was a good thing that although the mountain road was a bit windy and bumpy, it wasn't narrow. Otherwise, they would need to consider the possibility of the car getting overturned.

Chen Shi'er who sat in front suddenly threw his phone in anger, "Damn. No network, I'm still playing rank!"

According to Zhou Qiming, when he investigated last time, the detected pollution value was not that high. As a result, due to his strong confidence in his own ability, he came alone. He searched the area for a long time but still couldn't find the source of pollution. Instead, he even became pregnant, so he had no choice but ran away at night.

As for why he took this task that seemed not much of a threat, Zhou Qiming stammered for a while, but was unforgivingly revealed by Chen Shi'er, "He quarreled with some people on the forum. Remember that hot post an uploader anonymously posted, he stated that the current division of polluted areas was not rigorous. It said it wasn't appropriate to divide the area only according to the killing power. There were polluted areas that didn't seem to have a high pollution value, but even the Class B Enlighteneds couldn't solve it."

"The boss refused to believe in these fallacies, so he sent a private message to the poster asking for a duel. At last, the other side threw out the address of the Dragon Maiden Lake," Detective said.

The one who was in charge of driving was Detective. He was Zhou Qiming’s secretary. He was a meticulous and calm person but solely belonged to the support system. He was said to be a commercial spy with the ability of Infiltration and Counter-Reconnaissance. His combat power was only half of Lu Yan’s.

Zhou Qiming felt gloomy. “I think I was set up in a badger game.1 I haven’t surfed the forum for 800 years. Then when I finally decided to go online for once, I saw such a dumb post, and it just happened to target Class B Enlighteneds like me, who was also currently idle.”

As the drive had already gone on for too long, Lu Yan cooked a meal in the car. Lamb stew and scrambled eggs with onions. The lamb was sent from the Pinghe grassland by flight and was exceedingly fragrant. The people in the vehicle ate like three little pigs.