𝟓. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

EVARA's POV ✨

The moment has come.
The moment that i dreaded the most has finally come.

Atharv Singh Raizada stands in front me, leaned on the doorframe, looking straight into my eyes, as I try to digest what he just said.

"Ms Kapoor are you still there?"
He said without missing a beat as he looked at my half dead face and figured out that I literally shat my pants.

"Sir i- but-uh aren't we supposed to get-ah a day's time prior the interview with you-"
I was cut off as he finally started walking towards me, all this while my chair being turned back facing the door, as soon as he walks towards the panel, I straighten myself and my chair and everybody at the panel stand up in his respect.

He signals them to sit and grabs my file as he says,

"Evara? Am I saying that right Ms Kapoor?"
He asked me with no expressions on his face.

"Ye-yes sir." I couldn't help but stutter as everything going on was too much for me to take in.

"Ms Kapoor I don't think you need a day's prep do you? You seem to be so extraordinary and forthright, am I not correct Mr. Awasthi?" His heavy voice echoes across the entire meeting room as every soul present in the meeting room got drop dead silent.

Everybody looks confused as I feel them as shocked as me.

"Sir are you sure she will be able to go through the interview?" Mr Awasthi said.
"Of course she can. Didn't you see her performance?"

Atharv sir's face held no expressions. I couldn't understand if he is saying all this out in sarcasm or does he actually mean any of it.

Nevertheless I start regretting my decision of speaking way too much in front of the panel. I still believe that whatever I said was correct and I stand firm on my grounds but doing this on my first day in the office and that too during my interview was probably not the best idea.

I start fearing as everyone in the room looks at me. Some looks of pity, some looks of confusion and one look, one freaking look that had me dying. Atharv sir looks at me awaiting an answer.

"Ms Kapoor, ready for your interview?" He says as my stressed mind tries to calm itself down.

"Be in my cabin in 10." He walks out leaving me baffled as the entire meeting room dismisses and all the members leave the room.

I stand there, shocked and anxious trying to collect myself as i eye the clock knowing I've 10 minutes before I legit die.

Time Skip ✨

"You're called." Said the guard outside Atharv sir's cabin.
I fumble through the door anxiously walking inside the cabin.

Before finally stepping inside, I make up my mind to stop being anxious and remember why I came here.

God blessed me with this opportunity, with this interview with this chance of a lifetime. Many people die to be in this position and even if god has put me in this tough spot I am sure he has it all planned for me.

With this optimism I step inside the cabin.
There I see the lion. Peacefully sitting in his den.

"Sir may I come in?" I ask while standing at the door.

"Yes Ms Kapoor I've been waiting for you."
There goes my life. I probably might die after this but I guess it'll be worth it.

ATHARV's POV ✨

Evara Kapoor. The name that has made a news in the entire company block within just a single hour. I don't know who she is but somehow that candidate managed to get a full perfect score on the RRT with zero errors.