𝟏𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Once my discussion with sir was completed I went back to my desk

Once my discussion with sir was completed I went back to my desk. I saw quite a few other imterns there, focused on their work.

I too decided to start building the base prototype for the apparatus of Quantum Leap. It is 11:14 am at the moment, we have a meeting at 1 pm. Instead of wasting time, I kickstarted my preparation for tomorrow's submission.

I am already short on time compared to other interns and hence I shouldn't let any time slip.

And with this motivation, I started working.

My eyes were fixated on my laptop, until when I realised it hit 12:20 pm. I got up to get done with lunch after which I can straight head to the meeting room.

I walked towards the cafeteria, where buffet for lunch was arranged. I picked my lunch. This was first time eating lunch here at office.

I tasted the food and it definitely did not disappoint. The food was delicious specially for a corporate office.

I was sitting alone at a corner table.

Seeing people around made me feel quite lonely but not necessarily sad.

I just wish to make friends here, because working in a friendly environment is so much more better and lively.

Maybe after today's meeting, I can connect with other interns and might as well befriend some of them.

My phone started vibrating, as I set alarm for 12:45 pm, to remind my stupid ass to not be late for today's meeting.

I stopped the alarm and picked up food tray and proceeded to throw it in the dustbin kept nearby.

I then went to the washroom to freshen up and check myself out, if I look representable enough for the meeting.

As I was applying my lipgloss, one girl entered the washroom.

She went to mirror booth next to mine and started touching her makeup up.

I just glanced her once. She looks pretty decent.

I don't know if she is an intern or permanent employee.

I guess she is an intern only, she looked quite young to be permanent.

I picked my lipgloss from the counter and I was just putting it back in my bag that's when she gasped and said,

"Are you the punishment girl LOL?" She said side eyeing me while applying her eyeliner in a very nasty tone and then bursted out in a loud laughter looking at me in a very judgmental manner.

Oh so she's the mean girl or shall I say the mean bitch.

"Are you still in high school?" That's all I said and grabbed my purse as I walked out the door.

I could hear faint noises of her maybe cursing me.

If she's an intern, then it will be fun to put that bitch in her damn place.