𝟗. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲

Tears collected in my eyes, and I felt the feeling of fear crippling through my body

I was on the verge of giving up, but I had to hold myself as I needed to be professional, instead of being emotional.

I already had messed up the entire situation, I cannot fuck this up more.

Atharv Sir was staring deep into my soul, as usual his face expressionless.

"Miss Kapoor can you get moving or do you want to waste more time?" He said in heavy voice, making me shiver a bit.

Without a word, I head out of his office straight to the restroom.

As I enter the restroom, I keep my stuff on side around the basin, rush inside a washroom stall, and suddenly all my tears start flowing as I let myself out, sitting on the ground.

I heavily sob, thinking of myself as a failure.

I failed on the first day itself.

Failed myself.

Failed my parents.

Failed my dreams.

What the fuck am I doing? On the first day OF MY DREAM JOB?

I expected myself to be working with core committee of the biggest project of the world, with smartest minds, with such an inspiring team, in this fascinating empire. But here I am on, late to work on my first day, scolded by my boss on the first day, crying in the washroom on the first fucking day.

As my brain sinks into overthinking, I hear a phone call from outside the washroom stall, I rush outside to check my phone and I see an unknown number on the screen.

I pick the phone up, and on the other side of the call, I hear the veterinarian, I gave the injured cats to, saying "Mam, the cats are both out of danger. They were both attacked by wild dogs, they were infected by the bites but now they are all okay. Thanks to you mam, if you would have been even a single second late, the infection would have killed them. You saved two innocent lives mam."

Hearing this gave my heart a sense of relief, I responded to the doctor, trying to sound normal and not like someone that just cried three rivers, " Dr, please don't thank me. It was my duty to save them as a human being, thank you for treating them on time. I am glad."

I enquired him about the rescue of cats and he informed me that they will be adopted soon where they can live a better life and hearing this made me feel good. At least getting late saved two lives.

With this thought, I move out of the cabin realizing I only have 5 hours left before the office closes today. Implying I only had 5 hours left to complete my 1000 word draft.

Here goes first day at work.

I enter the big office area of RE, where I see an array of desks lined up, with all the equipment required for our work, like iMacs, basic electronics components, tonnes of files and much more. The recruiting head, took me to my desk, that was in the intern section, where to my surprise I found none of the interns in.

I asked him, "Thank you sir for showing me my desk. May I ask where all the other interns might be?"

"Oh the interns? They have been assigned lab work. They have began working on the quantum leap, infact the first meeting of interns with the chief department regarding the commencement of Quantum Leap is scheduled today at 4." He replied.

"Sadly, you can't attend that meeting, without Atharv Sir's assignment, you will have to complete your work. And let me tell you, if you don't complete your work before the given deadline, be ready to say goodbye to your internship." He walked off after casually breaking my heart.

All the interns have began working. They began working on something that I had dreamt of. Why is my life so unfair? Why Ganesh Ji? Why?

Now, they are well ahead of me, whereas I will be lacking from them. My brain again begins to overthink but I immediately shut it off as I needed to focus on completing the punishment given to me.

A draft is basically a formal report that is written before any event or a project is about to take place. It is a pre-project report,typically consisting of 100 to 200 words, but writing a 1000 word draft for a project that I have not much idea about is going to be such a tough job for me.

But I needed to make sure that I make this draft with extreme care, otherwise, Atharv sir would kill me again and I don't want to risk my job one more time.

With this inspiring thought, I began working.

2 hours roll by, I see all the interns coming to their desks to grab their files for the meeting. I feel like a kid that has been deprived of from going to a picnic. My heart wants to cry but I don't let myself distract and again duck my head in my laptop to continue my draft.

I did not realize when time passed by

I did not realize when time passed by. RE closes at 7 pm, but right now it feels it is way past closing hours, meaning I missed my fucking deadline.

I rummage through my stuff to check my phone and I see the time to be 8.43 pm.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

I. AM. SO. FUCKED.

_______________________________

Thank you reading this chapter ❤️❤️

Stay tuned for more awesome chapters with more than awesome chemistry of Atharv and Evara as they begin their corporate office life with some spicy office romance lined up.❤️‍🔥

For more updates and edits, follow me on instagram ~
authorrayy on Instagram 🩵
See you in next chapter girlies 💋

For more updates and edits, follow me on instagram ~authorrayy on Instagram 🩵See you in next chapter girlies 💋