𝟏𝟗. 𝐔𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Miss Kapoor you here?" Atharv sir's words spiral me back into reality

"Miss Kapoor you here?" Atharv sir's words spiral me back into reality. I push aside the thoughts of him and the dream, and respond to him saying, "I truly believe that you're correct sir. Dreams are what resides in our mind."

"That makes me feel like you have something running through your head. I hope it's not the workload bothering you." He says while swiping effortlessly through his iPad.

"No sir. Definitely not. Yes.. I was having second thoughts about the responsibilities, duties and commitments this position brings to me, but-" He cuts me off and says,

"But you don't need to worry a single bit. You can achieve anything if you're determined. And last time I checked, you're stood up to be the most determined individual I saw." He looks right into my eyes, a gentle smile lingering over his face.

There's something about him. Something so intoxicating and so magnetic. He can utter complete shit out of that mouth and I'd still fancy him. His assuring words bring so much comfort to me. My self doubt crushes into dust.

"So what's the conclusion?" He says.

Confused about which conclusion he might be speaking of, I question him politely, "Conclusion for what exactly sir?"

"Dreams Ms. Kapoor. I always tend to end conversations with a conclusion. I know it's a weird habit and I must get rid of it. Trust me I am trying." He gently laughs and says.

Good lords. This man is absolutely gorgeous and irresistibly charming. His laugh has the capacity to make me go head over heels for him. My body truly folded when I saw him laugh.

"Sir... what may I say? How would you conclude it?" I softly speak up.

"Well... I think dreams have a unique power to make us feel alive. They breathe life into our unspoken emotions. We experience a richness that awakens our senses-"

"Just like love." I hear myself say, as I was completely lost in adoring him while he was speaking so elegantly.

Suddenly I realised how I possibly might have crossed the limit with my statement. An awkward tension lingers thickly in the air.

We both stare, right into each other's eyes. Atharv sir finally begins to speak something but before he could utter a single word his phone rings loudly breaking the entire moment.

Fuck that caller.

We both drift apart, and I directly lower my head trying to avoid his sight, looking at my laptop screen. He picks up his phone and gets up from the chair. He says, "Excuse me Miss Kapoor, I will have to take this." With that, he exits the room swiftly.

While he was walking away, I discreetly peek a glance on the phone screen. I feel my heart sink as I read the caller's name.

"Geetanjali"

Of course. His girlfriend. Definitely she will call him. They might be talking on calls 24/7. He has his priorities.

But why am I getting so worked up?