𝟏𝟖. 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

Today was such a crazy day

Today was such a crazy day. I never imagined that I would even qualify, let alone get the head position on the project. Yet, here I am, the project head.

I'm so incredibly happy about it.

My parents were over the moon when I told them the news—they always believed in me, even when I doubted myself.

Aarohi was ecstatic too, jumping up and down with excitement. To celebrate, we all went out for dinner at a hotel, a place we usually reserved for special occasions.

The evening was perfect. My parents surprised me with a cake that had the sweetest message written on top.

As I cut the cake, I felt a surge of gratitude and joy

As I cut the cake, I felt a surge of gratitude and joy. We ended the dinner on a sweet note, the perfect ending to an unbelievable day.

I lie flat on my bed thinking about the tremendous impact and change my life will bring from this day onwards. Atharv sir, the board members and the entire RE team has put their trust in me, with a hope in their minds that I will be capable of this job. I will do everything in my power to give justice to my position.

Throughout the evening hours, I sat and did all the research I could possibly do on Quantum Leap. I studied all the prominent theories, watched many lectures, even saw Atharv sir's few interviews where he discussed about RE.

Atharv sir enquired the entire team that soon after we complete the first step of building the base model of Quantum Leap, we will have a press conference which will be addressed by the interns themselves.

This project is going to take the company to places. This is going to be the biggest thing the industrial world will ever see. I just feel indebted to be a part of this spectacular mission.

My entire body beams with glee of bliss and contentment over this achievement.

All of this still feels like a dream to me. But as my spiderman movies says, 'With great power comes great responsibility', I realize how important and crucial my job is.

A sudden worry blankets me, the overthinking side of my brain activates and fills me negative energy.

What if I can't do my job correctly? What if I make a mistake that costs the project? What if I can't handle the pressure? What if I can't balance my responsibilities and duties? What if I am not prepared?