Chapter 17

"What?" Izuku's voice is soft, and quiet, but all I can do is look at him

"What?" Izuku's voice is soft, and quiet, but all I can do is look at him. He's wearing a dark green
t-shirt, that says 'home life' on the front, and a pair of black sweats. He's staring at me, worry painted on his face, waiting for a response. All I can do is repeat.

"I can see you."

"See me?" He swallows, shaking slightly. "What does that mean?" He looks just about as terrified as I feel.

I don't answer. I slowly stand up, dizzy. It feels like my head is spinning as I walk closer to him. "I... I see you........... when... I hugged you. I felt.........." We're standing maybe six inches apart, and I reach up for the side of his face. "It felt... different."

He's so close....

I hold his face, and my thumb brushes his cheek. My eyes flit down to his lips, and the urge to close the distance between us, burns in my gut. I glance back up to his eyes, and... god they're gorgeous. I didn't realize till now, how much I missed looking into to his eyes. I want to kiss him so bad, I can see it happening over, and over in my head.

You have to look away. Now!

His hand brushes mine, as eyes burn into me. "Different how?" He's slowly getting closer, and my heart starts pounding.

Girl, pull away! Right now!

"Um," I look down, taking a step back. "It feels like when my quirk came in." My cheeks are on fire, and my stomach twist so hard, it almost hurts.

What are you doing?!

......... I don't know.

You know how this ends.... Even if he liked you back, people date, and then break up.......... Don't.

...............

But.... look at him.

"I can see you..." I whisper, keeping my attention carefully concentrated on the ground.

There's a long silence that fills the room, and neither of us speak.

Why is he so attractive?

I got a better question... Why are you thinking this?!?!

...........

He is though...

Do you understand the meaning of the words 'best friend'?......... DO YOU!?!?

"Can you see anything else?" His question snaps me back to reality.

"Um..." I shake my head, clearing my thoughts. Looking back up to him, I'm carful to not look at his face. I can still see him, and I do a quick check of our surroundings.