Part XVIII

I came back home. It was late already. I opened the door and saw Springtrap lying on the floor, clearly in a tragic state. He didn't even notice that I was back. I switched the light. He seemed like he was somewhere else. I slowly came up to him. 

-Springtrap? - I kneeled next to him. - It's ok. It's over. - I said calmly, stroking his arm. 

-I couldn't do anything. - He finally said. - I'm useless. 

-You're not useless. - I undid my sling and threw it aside. - Could you sit, please? - I asked gently. -I need to talk with you. 

He sat next to me on the floor leaning against the floor. But he looked away. 

-Honey, look at me. - I kneeled between his legs. - Please. 

He finally made eye contact with me. His eyes were sad. He looked broken. 

-Michael is ok, he's a little hurt. He is now in hospital, with my friend, but nothing bad happened to him. - He said nothing, just nodded. - Also, Henry's arrested. 

-That's good. - He said with a weak voice. 

-I'm worried about you. Can you tell me what's going on? - I pet his snout. -We're here, we're safe. - I teared up. 

-I'm weak, Y/N. I couldn't even help my kids. They're gone. 

-William. They're not all gone. Michael is ok, he's alive. 

-I saw him, Y/N. I saw him here with me before you came. 

-What do you mean? - I asked, shocked. 

-I sometimes see the souls of those kids that died at Fazbear and Evan and also Elizabeth. And Michael was here too. - He sounded like he was crying, but that wasn't possible for him. 

-Wait here for a moment. - I took out my phone and came outside. I called Stephanie. - Is he alright? - I asked. 

-Yes. He is. But his heart stopped for a while. But it's ok now, he's stable and awake. But he seems a bit off. 

-Can I talk with him? - I asked with shaky voice. 

-Hello? - it was Michael. - I am alive, don't worry. 

-I have a question. I'm sorry to bother you, you must really feel bad right now, but… he said that he saw you. 

He was silent for a while. 

-I'm aware. - He said. - Tell him that I will see him soon. Alive. - He laughed weakly. 

-Ok, I will come visit you tomorrow if they don't dismiss you already. 

I hung up. It was chilly outside, but stars were beautiful. - I need to show them to Springtrap. 

I went outside with a smile. - He’s ok. - I assured him. - Can we talk outside? I need to show you something. 

He came outside with me. I turned off the lights in the house, so it was dark. 

-The sky is beautiful. - He looked up.

-It is. 

-I talked with Michael. His heart stopped for a while, but he's awake. He was trapped in the building while it burned, so he lost consciousness. But he said that he will visit you soon. - He looked at me. - Not like this. - I laughed. - He will come here, not as a ghost. - I hugged him. - I'm glad this is over. 

He picked me up and while holding me he sat on the grass in front of the house. 

-It's nice here. - He said. - But you need to buy furniture. You don't even have a bed, how will you sleep tonight? - He asked with concern. 

-On you? - I asked flirtatiously. He laughed. -Yeah, about that. - I started. -I was thinking about… You know… A bath. 

-A bath? - He asked. 

-Yeah, because, you know… You're a bit… Ekhem. Moldy and dusty. 

-Rude. - He laughed. 

-Also I was thinking about repairing you. But I don't really know how. 

-We’ll think about it.