01 • i miss you

It was 7:30 AM, and Huh Yunjin was already up and running in the kitchen. She took the bowl of mixed pancake batter in her hands, and carefully poured a bit into the hot pan. Do not burn them this time, the redhead reminded herself.

She wiped droplets of sweat off her forehead using her sleeve, and sighed into the heat of the pan. Maybe wearing sweats wasn't the best idea after all.

"Pancakes?" A voice called through the room. Footsteps echoed through the small hallway where the group's bedrooms were. They all lived together in the same dorm; Sakura and Eunchae shared a room, Chaewon slept in the room next to them, and opposite of them were Yunjin and Kazuha's rooms.

"You know it." Yunjin winked at a very sleepy Sakura who'd just entered the kitchen. The blonde hummed contently, giving the other a small hug as thanks before reaching up to grab a glass.

As she got the orange juice from the fridge, the door in the hallway opened again, this time revealing both Eunchae and Kazuha.

"Morning." Kazuha stretched, immediately taking a seat at the dining table in the kitchen. "Pour me some of that, will you?" The girl looked at Sakura with pleading eyes.

Yunjin gracefully flipped the pancake, earning slow claps from a fifth person. "Wow, Jen, finally learned how to cook?" Chaewon smirked in the doorframe.

Yunjin let the pan wobble in her hand a moment before setting it down and spinning around to meet Chaewon's gaze. She hadn't even heard the blonde come out of her room, let alone sneak up to her. She wasn't going to let that slide.

Yunjin's lips turned into a wicked smile, making Chaewon frown. "Oh no, no, no!" The blonde yelled as she turned on her heels, sprinting back into the living room. She knew very well what was coming.

The redhead followed in pursuit, bolting past Eunchae to get to the other. "Kids, it's too early for this." Sakura cried, taking over at the stove after sliding Kazuha her orange juice. Though, as she peered back through the door opening to see the two, Yunjin had already caught up to Chaewon and was vividly attacking her sides with tickles.

"I surrender! I surr- Yunjin, stop!" The blonde under Yunjin cried, pushing the other off with her small arms. Yunjin proudly smiled, pulling Chaewon up.

"That's what you get for sneaking up on me in the morning and insulting my wonderful cooking." She sang, marching back to the kitchen. Chaewon followed in defeat.

"It's kind of scary that you and Kazuha are the only morning people here." Chaewon spoke to Yunjin as she sat down at the dining table. Eunchae shrugged, searching through the fridge. "Mornings aren't that bad, Sakura just snores sometimes." She mumbled, rubbing her tired eyes.

Sakura's head snapped towards Eunchae. "You sleep all the way on the other side of the room, no way you hear–"

"I hear it too after you've had some wine," Chaewon interjected, "thin walls."

Biting down on her bottom lip, Sakura let Yunjin distribute the pancakes she'd made onto different plates. Eunchae also sat down in defeat, not being able to find what she was searching for. So, naturally, she downed Kazuha's entire glass instead.

"Hey!" Kazuha tried to steal back her orange juice, but to no avail.

After breakfast, all of them went back into their rooms to change. Except for Kazuha, who looked exceptionally good in her sweatpants and crop top.

"Why do we even have to go to school?" Yunjin cried, rummaging through her drawer. "We're famous, school sucks, it's not even a public school anyway. It's like one big celebrity mess." She mumbled.