02 • strike one

Two days had passed since they made their deal, and surprisingly, Yunjin held up her end of it. The group just finished their fan sign (and stage) in Busan, and decided to meet up with their friends, who were on the other side of the same venue. No boyfriends in sight.

Chaewon walked next to Kazuha, watching Yunjin talk to Giselle. "Are you listening?" The dark haired girl tapped Chaewon's shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. Karina invited us to the party, Sakura thinks she can outdrink you, got it." The shorter girl repeated after her friend, tearing her eyes off the redhead to glance at Kazuha.

The japanese girl nodded and went on about Eunchae staying with Kyunjin. It wasn't until they got to the ice cream parlor that she stopped talking about the party. Maybe she was just excited to let loose, the blonde figured: it wasn't common for Kazuha to drone on about parties.

"Kind of nice we can miss out on school because we're staying here, right?" Karina hummed as they all sat down, their ice creams in hand.

Kazuha shrugged in return. She was the only one out of their group who enjoyed school, and everyone thought she was crazy for it.

"I miss the others, tho." Yunjin said as she bumped her mint chocolate ice cream with Eunchae's as if they were glass. "I kind of thought more of them would be in Busan too, but they're arriving when we go back to Seoul. How are they only putting us and Enhyphen out here for the entire day?" The girl went on.

"To be honest, the venue was packed. Don't think more people would fit." Ningning chuckled. Winter nodded in agreement, wordlessly switching her ice cream with Karina's. Apparently this was a common thing, because the other just started happily eating it.

Yunjin held out her ice cream in front of Chaewon's face. "Want a taste?" She asked, puppy eyes apparent.

"You just want a bite of mine, don't you?" The smaller girl responded, smirking at Yunjin.

"What? Nooo..." The younger hummed, snatching Chaewon's ice cream before she could react.

"Hey!" The other one cried, trying to snatch it back. She leaned over Yunjin to get to her ice cream, but as the redhead extended her arm into the air, she realised she was too short to get it.

"That is so unfair." The girl sighed, looking at Yunjin with piercing eyes. The other just stared back, a proud smile plastered on her lips. Which were really close.

Chaewon quickly sat back down, looking in the other direction. A slight blush crept up on her cheek.

"Fine, don't get sulky on me, Chae-chae." The redhead laughed, thinking the small girl was upset. She propped the ice cream back into Chaewon's hand. "It was delicious, by the way." She winked.

Strike two.

Chaewon rose up from her seat. "I'm going to the bathroom." She announced before marching off.

Sakura glared at Yunjin. "What? I just took a bite out of her ice cream!" The girl called out in defence.

Chaewon pushed the door open, rushing towards the mirror. "What's wrong with you?" She whisper-yelled at herself. The girl heaved a heavy sigh as she inspected her rosy cheeks.

Seconds later, Ningning joined the girl in the bathroom. "You good in here?" She asked softly, poking her head in before entering.

The other girl regained her composure. "Yeah. Just tired, it's been a long day." She smiled. That must be it.

"I get it. Now imagine what it's like having to see Jimin and Minjeong ogle each other all day." The dark haired girl rolled her eyes. Chaewon stared at her, her mouth nearly agape.