12 • diary [SM]

XX-XX-2024

I never should've felt nervous around her.
I never should've wanted to be more than friends.
I never should've let her shatter my heart.

It's not even her fault.
But I'm still grateful I got to be her best friend.
And I'm thankful that I got to admire her for a short time.

And this feels stupid.

Kazuha let her head down on her desk with a thud. "It's stupid."

"It works." Chaewon replied from Kazuha's bed, scrolling through her phone.

Kazuha shot the girl a glare over her shoulder. "Keeping up a diary is stupid." She reiterated, throwing her pen across the room at her friend, and horribly missing. She was just writing words on paper, and that's just what it felt like. No deeper meaning, no hidden messages. Just stupid words.

"I've been doing it for years. Just stick with it, it'll grow on you." Chaewon dismissed with the wave of her hand, completely disregarding Kazuha's murder attempt. She tapped away on her phone again, making the Japanese girl raise her eyebrows.

She got up from her desk and quietly walked over to the absent-minded blonde in an even strut. She quickly peeked at her phone, and only caught a glimpse of the contact name before Chaewon shoved her whole hand in her face, pushing her away.

Kazuha massaged her now sore nose. "Sheesh, you're violent," She huffed.

"Don't sneak up on me!" Chaewon looked offended.

"Why are you texting Yunjin? She's literally in the next room," The dark haired girl folded her arms, "Just tell her to come here."

"Doesn't matter, we need to get ready." Chaewon replied, finally putting her phone down.

Kazuha was always a little confused about Chaewon and Yunjin's dynamic: they acted like they annoyed each other, and yet they were always oddly affectionate with each other. She'd noticed that they didn't really act that way towards anyone else. Kazuha felt envious of them.

She figured it was just the perks of being childhood friends.

"Ready for what?" Kazuha asked, picking up her pen in the corner of her room.

"The shoot? You forgot?" The leader asked, making Kazuha pause.

"My eyes are red." She cringed as she slowly turned to Chaewon, pulling her eyelids down to show off her red eyes. It was a rather silly looking sight.

"You can use my allergy drops. Just go brush your teeth and your hair. They'll do the rest there." Chaewon hopped off Kazuha's bed, stretching.

"And remember, you're going to have to work with Sakura. Professionalism is important." The leader sternly looked at Kazuha.

It was a hypocritical thing for her to say, considering her own relations with one of the members. But being the group's leader, she had to look out for everyone.

"Yeah, I'll be okay working with her," Kazuha smiled weakly. "Thank you for staying over. I appreciate it, really."

The dark haired girl pulled Chaewon into a much too tight bear hug.

"You're suffocating me," The small girl struggled to breathe in her friend's tight embrace. Kazuha immediately stepped back, her cheeks pink.

"Sorry."

Getting ready was the same as usual: Chaewon changed into her clothes in her own room, and then moved to Yunjin's to do her makeup.