14 • award

"You're going to have to repeat that, Chae Chae." Yunjin had her head tilted slightly, her big eyes staring at Chaewon with question marks.

They were in the changing rooms of the music awards show. The makeup artists left a while ago, and the other three members went to get some drinks.

"You have to learn how to listen." Chaewon groaned. They sat on a small couch against the wall, which barely fit the two of them. Their shoulders were touching, which Chaewon normally wouldn't mind, but the skin to skin contact really made her want to kiss the redhead.

Even if she was being the dumbest retriever ever.

"It's not my fault when you're so distracting," Yunjin grinned. "That stage outfit does wonders for you."

The blonde felt heat rise to her cheeks. "Shut up," She softly bumped her shoulder against Yunjin's.

"I was talking about tonight. The party, the plan." She reminded the other.

"Right. Force the girls to talk whatever it is out. Are you sure they're not going to strangle each other? Every time they're in the same room, they look pissed." Yunjin winced at the idea of Sakura throwing a left hook at Kazuha.

Chaewon shrugged. "Anything is better than what's going on. If this doesn't work, we've got to reconsider everything. They can barely work together, fans have noticed as well."

The blonde placed her elbows on her lap and leaned forward, sighing in frustration. She hid her face in her hands and shook her head.

"Hey, it'll be okay." Yunjin assuredly rubbed the girl's back, placing a soft kiss on her shoulder.

Whenever the redhead was by Chaewon's side, everything felt a little more hopeful.

The door smashed open, making Chaewon raise her head as she heard it crash against the wall.

"Shit, kicked a little too hard." Eunchae cursed as she tried to balance three drinks in her hands.

Sakura trailed behind her, looking displeased. "Language," She scolded.

"As if you don't cuss!" Eunchae shot the Japanese girl a glare, almost dropping one of the drinks.

"Whoops, take them quickly." She extended her arms to Chaewon and Yunjin.

"Cherry coke?" Yunjin asked.

"Mine," Chaewon took the drink in her hand. The redhead took the other, and Eunchae happily sipped on hers.

Sakura looked at the clock. "How long till we're up?"

"In fifteen, after Itzy. Where is Zuha?" The leader looked at Eunchae.

"She was saying hi to someone," The young girl answered, "She promised she'd be back in time."

Chaewon looked over her shoulder when she suddenly felt Yunjin palming it. "What are you doing?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Tone down the side eye, I'm–" Her eyes glossed over the others before rubbing the girl's skin again.

"You've got a smudge." She explained awkwardly, looking apologetic.

Kazuha joined the group five minutes later (avoiding all eye contact with Sakura), and Chaewon gave them a motivational speech, which led to Yunjin and Kazuha making fun of her.

Once they were on stage, the crowd went about as far as they could see in the stadium, the cheers were ear-shatteringly loud, and it was incredibly hot.