05 • party o'clock [SM]

After dinner arrived and they all scarfed down what they could, the only thing left to do was to get ready for Karina's party.

Yunjin had removed her lazy face of makeup from that morning, and instead put on something more extravagant, highlighting her eyes with glitters.

The girl stripped down and went to her closet to pick out clothes, until she heard knocks on her door.

"Who is it?" Yunjin asked.
"It's me. Can I come in?" Chaewon's silky voice echoed through the door.

"Of course." The redhead replied.

Chaewon pushed the door open, revealing Yunjin's simple room. And Yunjin. Who only had a sports bra and underwear on.

The blonde froze as her eyes explored Yunjin's body. She didn't mean to– really– it just sort of happened. The redhead's stomach was really toned, and her laced underwear perfectly highlighted her slim legs.

"Can you close the door?" Yunjin asked, her body turned to her closet.

Right, the door. Chaewon closed it softly, marching towards her spot at Yunjin's desk to do her makeup. She knew she wouldn't need blush, seeing as her cheeks were redder than the roses by Yunjin's window. She thanked the gods for Yunjin being distracted.

Yunjin looked over her shoulder to inspect the blonde.

"You look pretty." She said.

Chaewon didn't look back in fear of Yunjin seeing her gradually turning crimson.

"You look pretty." She echoed, trying to sound like her usual confident self (which was failing).

"You haven't even seen what I'm going to wear." The redhead laughed.

It wasn't about the clothes, though.

Yunjin decided to go with a short red dress that exposed her back, whereas Chaewon put on a white corset-like top and a matching white skirt.

By the time Yunjin had properly put on her dress, Chaewon was done with her makeup. She turned in her chair to look at her best friend.

She looked beautiful. Although 'beautiful' didn't quite cover it. Ethereal, more like. Or... just Yunjin. Perfect Huh Yunjin.

Chaewon smiled at the girl.
"What is it?" Yunjin asked, staring back into Chaewon's light brown eyes.

The short girl got up from her spot, approaching the redhead. She wrapped her arms around her waist, pulling her into a tight embrace.

She felt the taller girl's chest rise as she chuckled, pulling Chaewon impossibly closer as she placed her arms around the girl's shoulders. The blonde sank into the hug, appreciating Yunjin's warmth on her skin.

They stayed there for a bit, both not wanting to let go. At least, for a moment, they felt normal again. Chaewon missed her best friend more than she could admit.

"I'm sorry."

Chaewon looked up at Yunjin, their arms still around each other.

"I'm... sorry. For not being around today. I didn't mean to make you think it was about yesterday, I swear it wasn't. I've just been..."

Yunjin closed her eyes in thought for a moment, struggling to find the words. She still seemed undecided when she opened them again.

"Insecure?" She finished.

Chaewon cocked an eyebrow. What did Yunjin have to be insecure about? Everything about her was flawless. At least, Chaewon thought so.

"Why?" She asked, studying the small moles scattered about Yunjin's skin.