16 • normal

Chaewon stumbled through the crowd, pushing people out of her way. She let out a frustrated sigh as a particularly steady guy wouldn't move aside. She was sweaty, could barely tell her left from her right, and still felt incredibly confused. She didn't have time for stupid guys who–

"Chaewon!" He turned around to face the girl. Great, he knew her.

"Do you mind? I'm trying to–"

She fell silent when Yeonjun's face came into focus. It's like the Gods hated her with all their might, and put every single person she didn't want to see in her way. Chaewon put up the fakest smile she could muster. She both hated him still, and also felt incredibly guilty at the sight of him.

"How have you been? How's Yunjin?" He asked, leaning close to the girl to speak over the music. Now the guilt overtook the hatred.

"She's– she's fine." The small girl answered, still trying to squeeze past him. He wouldn't budge. Chaewon prayed for someone to get her out of there.

Yeonjun's eyes looked hopeful. "Does she talk about me?"

Chaewon groaned, knowing Yeonjun wouldn't hear it over the music, and looked up to meet his eyes. "Listen, I've really got to get to–"

"Chaewon!" The blonde heard Hanni's voice from somewhere behind her. Thank god.

She spun around to face the girl, only for every ounce of relief to be sucked away instantly. Yunjin clung to her side, looking red and and just as far gone as she did before Chaewon left to get Sakura and Kazuha.

"Wonnieee! I missed you, where'd you goooo?" Yunjin dragged her sentences as she let go of her friend, stumbling over to Chaewon with open arms. The blonde panicked, not knowing what to expect. Wasted Yunjin, drunk Chaewon and lovesick Yeonjun did not mix together well.

The redhead latched onto the smaller girl, pressing a wet kiss against her temple. Chaewon tried to steady her by her waist, praying that the ground would just swallow her and spit her back out at home, in her cosy bed, without the annoying people.

Yunjin raised her head to look at who Chaewon was talking to. "Yeonjun! Hi!" She said, full of excitement.

The boy looked thrilled to see her as well, though surprised about the way she greeted her 'best friend'. The blonde didn't like one bit of it.

"How have you been?" Yeonjun asked, leaning past Chaewon to speak to the redhead. The effort didn't seem to work, as Yunjin looked puzzled, unable to catch what he said.

So she took a wild guess.

"That's my wife!" She excitedly said, proudly pointing at the small girl she was leaning on. She tripped over her own feet, stumbling aside. Chaewon steadied her again, tightening her hold around the girl. Normally she'd be frustrated, but...

Being Huh Yunjin's wife didn't sound so bad.

She looked at the redhead with crimson cheeks, a smile plastered on her face.

"Wife?" Yeonjun kept getting more confused. Chaewon felt bad for the poor guy.

"Jinnie, let's go." Chaewon said to the girl in her arms, nodding her head towards the exit; which seemed dreadfully far away in the face of the large crowd.

Yunjin pressed another kiss on the smaller girl's cheek. "I'm going to get laid toni– ow!"

Chaewon kicked the girl's shin to shut her up as a last resort. She adored her, but god, she was an idiot.