10 • schedule [M]

Warning:
Chapter contains mature topics.

A week had passed.
Chaewon hadn't seen Yeonjun once, but she hadn't seen much of Yunjin either. The past week she'd been busy producing and recording her new song, taking up all her time. The only times she saw her best friend was at night before going to bed– which only lasted a few minutes every night, since Yunjin always beelined for her room, exhausted by her schedule.

The small girl knew she wasn't supposed to miss her friend that much, but as she sat on the practice room floor, all sweaty from practising their new dance, she wished Yunjin was there with them. She missed her unfunny jokes, her loud laugh, her yelling and the feeling of her hands on her skin.

Wait, she wasn't supposed to think about that last part.

Staring at the clock, Chaewon let out a sigh. They had to go back to their dorms soon, and she'd have to see Yunjin say goodnight again.

Getting up from the ground, the small girl looked around the tired members. "Let's stop here, everyone did really well." She smiled proudly at her members.

Kazuha wiped sweat off her forehead. She slid her hand up the fabric of the pants, looking disgusted. "So glad I don't have bangs," She muttered.

"So glad my forehead doesn't blind me like the sun," Eunchae shot at Kazuha, grinning.

"Let's see who wins at Mario Kart tonight." Kazuha glared menacingly at the younger girl.

Back at the dorms they had dinner on the couch, after which the maknaes booted up Mario Kart. Everyone had put on their pyjamas, finding comfort in soft fabric rather than sweaty practice outfits.

Chaewon sat in the chair next to the couch, staring at the screen. Kazuha and Eunchae were acting as if it was a case of life or death, but the only thing keeping them from moving faster being a banana peel felt oddly anticlimactic.

When the clock struck eleven, Yunjin loudly barged into the room. "Two days till it's over! God, I'm like, really nervous for the release. What if they won't like it?" She started ranting as she kicked off her shoes. She bent down to pet a barking Shiro.

"It'll be fine, everyone loves you." Sakura reminded the girl, focused on crocheting a top.

"I've been working non-stop for a week. I hate that I'm missing out on practice with you guys." The redhead spoke as she reached the living room. She ruffled Eunchae's hair.

"Unnie, I'm trying to win here!" The young girl objected.

"Missed you too." Yunjin grinned.

And there it was: that one moment every night where she and Chaewon locked eyes. The moment the blonde waits for every day. The moment that doesn't feel like it's enough.

"How'd practise go?" Yunjin wondered, tilting her head to the side a little.

Chaewon swallowed everything she wanted to say about missing her best friend and feeling miserable without her. "It went well. You have a lot to catch up on, though."

"I'll be there the day after tomorrow," The redhead promised, smiling warmly at her leader; a smile that melted Chaewon right off the face of the earth.

"Well, I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow, hopefully. Miss you guys." Yunjin flashed everyone a smile.

Eunchae gave a sort of grunt in response, still desperate to win from Kazuha. Sakura waved at the redhead. "Night!" She hummed.