Hopelessly in love.

DAY 1 OF CAMP GUYS ✨

Goh's POV

Ash plops down the heaviest bag in exhaustion, as we step off the pathway. I swear I HEAR some scuttling in the leaves, but I try to ignore it.

"Is this a good spot?" Ash says, looking around at the surroundings. It does look quite nice. In fact, there's a small little cliff, secured with railings, to look out on. And there's a small stream too. He doesn't really wait for a reply, and starts unzipping his bag.

"Mmm, it's good, yeah." I shrug, not really knowing what's good or bad. I'm relying on Ash for that one.

You can hear the birds above us, chirping noisily, just like you would back at uni, or home. It's not much different in terms of wildlife if I'm honest. I'm still wondering what 'advanced' means, though. While I'm biting my lip, looking for answers, I watch Ash looks for something in his bag. He tears a piece of paper from one of his notebooks, and opens a pen, holding the cap in his mouth while he writes. He scribbles something down, sellotaping it to a nearby tree stump. He stands back, to admire his work.

"There!" He says, triumphantly, standing to the side so I can see. He's written our names, with a small note at the bottom saying, 'If you aren't Ash and Goh, fuck off pls.' I stare at him, grabbing the pen off him, and scribble out the last part, writing go away pls instead.

"Just because we're in the middle of nowhere doesn't mean we can go round writing rubbish all over the place." I say, sternly, and Ash spits out the pen lid, in small protest, taking the pen off me and closing it. I look around, wondering where we actually are though. Ash watches my clueless expression, reading my mind.

"We aren't too far from those two cabins, don't worry about it." He squints, looking into the distance as If he could see them, smiling reassuringly. I nod, and I look at the little timetable the man at the counter gave us a few minutes before. Ash comes up to me as well, so I put it in the middle so we can both see. "So, right now, well, in a few minutes at 10:30, we have...canoeing?" He asks, and I nod, slowly.

His face turns into a huge grin. "Oh yes! I am so up for that, you?"

"What do you think?" I mumble, and Ash gives out a small giggle.

"Hey, it's gonna be fun, don't stress! Now, we've marked our territory, let's get going.." He starts to walk off, but stops when he sees me looking at the rejected bags. "Apparently we just leave our stuff where we're planning to camp." He says, quickly.

"Yeah, but is that for the advance?" I ask, and Ash shrugs, unhelpfully.

"Dunno, but what difference does it make?" He says, seemingly unbothered.

"Well, animals?" I say, pointedly. Ash thinks about it.

"Well, I'm sure there nothing that deadly out in the morning." He looks around, as If something was about to suddenly pounce at us. "If there is." He adds, quickly. I don't say anything, telling myself there's nothing to worry about. Instead, Ash takes a grab at my arm, and tugs at it. "Come on, let's go." My eyes immediately dart to his fingers clasped around my arm, but I look at the back of his head instead. I can tell he's trying to avoid me from stressing about it, so I give in. Everything definetly seems a little more free with Ash around.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

DAY 1

So, the next thing we know, we started to realise that the advance group...has more advanced activities. Because now the little timetable slip they gave us, we've been guided to a place where's there's no time as many people, presumably because it's advance. I look a bit a little like the odd-one-out among these sporty looking people. They are still around the same age as us, though. We stand at our little dock, and the instructer tells us that this is just a carefree activity, no racing, just canoeing on the river. A river that's a very violent one, water thrashing around in waves, creating little foam outlines. I gulp, and Ash pats my back, comfortingly. The contact of his hand still makes me flinch, no matter how many times he does it.