Adoption

A cloaked figure ran through the forest feet slamming against the ground as thunder and rain clouded the sky creating puddles that the feet of the figure splashed into not too far behind them a group of characters wearing white jackets shouted and followed closely after.

The figure's heart pounded in their chest, breath ragged inside the confines of the cloak. They darted between trees, the branches like fingers reaching out to snatch the fabric of their cloak.

One of the pursuers, a large man with a scar across his cheek, called out, "Stop! There's nowhere to run!"

"As if I'd stopped just cause you said so dumbass!" The cloaked figure shouted, pushing themselves to run faster, each step a struggle against the mud and underbrush holding a bundle in their hands close to their chest.

Suddenly, the figure stumbled falling off of their feet and plunging into a thicket of brambles and thorns, their cloak snagging on the sharp branches and removing it revealing her black hair that almost blended into the pitch-black night.

"Fuckin hell this shit sucks..." She murmured pulling herself up and leaning against a tree. "Usually this is where I'd find a cabin where I can leave you little guy too bad life doesn't work that way." She chuckled at the baby she swaddled in her arms as she looked up to continue her escape spotting the bright yellow lights of a cabin.

The cabin seemed like a beacon of hope in the otherwise bleak forest. She knew she had to make it there, make it to safety for her child. With renewed vigor, she navigated through the tangled mess of trees and bushes, ignoring the scratches and cuts from the thorns.

As she reached the clearing where the cabin stood, she heard the shouts of the pursuers growing closer. She glanced back, seeing the pursuers gaining ground, their shapes looming large in the darkness there was no time for her to waste. "I hope you can live a nice life without running into that bastard I know I didn't." She whispered setting the baby down.

She pressed a kiss to the baby's forehead before gently placing them on the doorstep of the cabin. With a final look, she turned and disappeared into the night, determined to lead the pursuers away from her child.

"Hey fuck nuggets come get your asses beat!" She shouted as she vanished into the forest, her resolve remained unbroken, fueled by her desire to protect her precious baby at any cost.

She could hear the shouts of the pursuers growing more distant now, their curses echoing through the trees. She dared not look back, knowing that every second counted. Her only focus was on leading them as far away from the cabin as possible.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"And that's how you became our son also why you don't look like Yang or Ruby." A tall muscular man looked over at the small child his hair a mix of black & white.

"No offense Tai but how do you know the parts you weren't there for? Especially the part at the end?"

"Creative liberty, now go brush your tail and go to bed."

"Wha- why do I have to brush it?"

"Because Ruby hurt herself last time."

"That means it's working it's a defense mechanism it's doing what it's supposed to do it's supposed to be prickly."

"How do you even know what a defense mechanism is when you're only 8 years old? You know what not the point we don't want your little sister getting hurt do you?"

"Alright fine I'll brush it, I'm just making the point that my tail isn't really for touching." The child replied grumbling under their breath.

"I'm not saying it's an invalid point, Y/n." Tai chuckled, ruffling Y/n's hair. "But it's best to keep everyone safe, including Ruby and her curiosity. Now off to bed with you."