Part 9: A Call to Growth

"Kayui Iya please come to the office" Blared through the hall.

"Already? I just got here." I said. "Oooh, what you do lil bro?" said Makil.

[In the Office]

"Good to meet you Kayui." The principal said. "Today I'll be assigning you individual training."

Oh cool nothing too major this time. "You'll get on bus 105 after 1st period and you'll know when you have arrived," he said. "You're dismissed."

[1 hour later]

"Oh, they got you too huh Kayui?" Said someone behind me. "You might not have caught my name. I'm Modoru." The thin boy said proudly.

"Oh yeah, I remember now," I respond. "I have no idea to be honest this must be something new" He explained with a chuckle.

[A little over an hour later]

"Jeez, how far is this place" I exclaim irritably. "I think we're close. Look up." I look up to see the sky almost entirely pitch black. This was the most eventful thing this entire trip considering there was only us two.

"I wonder why they picked us two for this nonsense," I mumble. "The principal said it was training," Modoru said before a giant bold of lighting stuck down close by sounding like the entire earth had just fallen apart.

"Okay, we are here," The robotic vehicle driver thingie said to us.

We got out to see a building at least over 150 floors tall and it was definitely the source of the lightning.

"Well this is gonna be fun," Modoru said slightly sarcastic. "Yeah, I bet."

As we arrived at the doorstep of the building it began to rain shrouding our vision. The building is seemingly old. It was very dark with brightly lit windows up through the entire building covered in wet vines and peeling paint. Seemed like it would fall apart anytime soon.

Before stepping in a sheet of paper floated to us one each. They read the precautions and risks of training here and a space to sign.

What stood out most was the line "You cannot be killed in this establishment but on the edge of death is very likely. Do you agree to these terms? *Paramedics on standby*."

Nervous I look over at Modoru. "You think we should sign this without parent supervision? Is this even legal?" He looked back calmly. "If we're getting stronger and we won't die we might as well take the risk."

Taking these words into account we both signed the papers.

Instantaneously being sucked into the building a screen-like text read before me "Reach level 175 to escape."