Part 23: Absorbant

The darkness fades and dust blows in the wind as a giant, sandy-brown mountain appears in front of me.

"BOY! Do you have any idea what you've almost just done?" A deep voice screeches from somewhere I can't pinpoint.

"You could've killed us both! Every drop of altitude was just drained from your body."

"I gave you some of my own. Do that again and we won't be coming back"

In an instant, everything returns to darkness and quickly back into reality.

"We'll have fun with that," Makil says walking away.

[The next day]

"Hm, that's interesting. It seems to be made from something similar to Sorbathane." Dr.Rook, our school librarian, says to me I have no idea what Sorbathane is.

"And what is that exactly?"

"It was once just a pretty resistant material due to certain properties it held. But in our modern era of society, it's changed."

"Now it's changed to absorb surrounding energy. Most notably, altitude." He said with a smirk.

"But this isn't exactly Sorbathane. It's a little denser and heavier. Be careful, once it gets a hold of an energy source without being tamed it'll snag it all."

"Thanks, Mr.Rook, I'll keep it in mind," I said as he placed the orb in my hand.

"Let's test this thing out," I say to myself walking out of the library towards the Freshman training facility.

The freshman training hall is significantly smaller than the upperclassmen's but way larger than anything I've ever seen.

"Welcome," a robotic voice says from behind me. "This is the training hall for our Freshman. Go straight ahead for free training."

The marble floors glistened as if they were newly polished, but the grey interior walls and decorations were lackluster considering it was the same throughout this wing of the school.

A doorway to the right of the hallway reads "Combat Training". The large black door was oddly intimidating. I assume it's some odd material and enter the room.

The door leads to another long hallway with doors running down. The one in the very back reads "Free Training" unlike the others that read "Premium Training".

I make my way to the free one ignoring the so-called premium doors.

"I won't be here too long," I say to myself getting closer before.

The instant I open the door a wave of power escapes with a multitude of loud sounds.

"Hey, kid you should go somewhere else it's dangerous in here." A booming voice sounds over all the noise.

[Author's Note]
Sorry for the late post, I've been reading other stories and trying to improve myself. More chapters coming soon. Thank you for reading.