XXII | oh hey, seventeen

There can be one only you, woah-oh (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)And baby, God could never make two, woah, na-na-na (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)And I know you came here with your crew, woah-oh (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)But I promise you that it feels like it's just us...

And baby, God could never make two, woah, na-na-na (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
And I know you came here with your crew, woah-oh (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
But I promise you that it feels like it's just us two, uh-huh (Oh-oh)

'New Flame' by Chris Brown, featuring Usher and Rick Ross, blared throughout Karmine's bedroom as she sat crisscross in the middle of the floor. She was currently in the middle of packing her suitcase. It was the end of January, meaning it was time to celebrate her seventeenth birthday. It was currently Monday, her birthday was Friday, and Bug had decided to spend it in North Carolina with her boyfriend and their family.

Being that Karson and now Reighn are her parents, they put together a whole itinerary for the birthday princess. She was aware of the dinner reservations at the Italian steakhouse, but she was unaware of the rest. Karmine honestly didn't care how she spent her birthday as long as she was with her boyfriend. She was more than grateful for her new truck and the many gifts she received for Christmas. Valentine's Day is what she was really looking forward to. It was her second-favorite holiday after Christmas.

It was going to be her first Valentine's Day as a girlfriend. Quen always went crazy with the gifts, but she knew this year it was actually going to be different. She didn't know if it made sense, but to her, it was actually going to be a little more thought behind her gifts. Especially with being in a whole different state.

It's been exactly a month since everything went down between Quen and his sperm donor. Everybody was still confused about why Keedon did what he did. It didn't make any sense; even with the letters they found at the hotel, they didn't leave any real answers. A manic episode definitely fueled his writing. Keedon expressed how he hated Karson for raising his son even if he didn't want to, along with his disdain for Quentessa and how he was glad she killed herself. Keedon was a mad man walking, but he signed his own death certificate from the moment he laid hands on Quen. The gators in the Mississippi River definitely had a feast.

"Munchkin!" Karson yelled over the music as he walked into her room, munching on apple slices and caramel. One of Reighn's many cravings that he actually enjoyed.

Kar looked up and picked up her remote from the bed, pausing the music. "Yes, Daddy?"

"Come on, we're going out to eat. I want to talk to you about something. Ya mama is going to meet us at the restaurant." Karson informed her of their evening plans, making her nod her head.

Karmine closed her suitcase and hopped up from the floor. She removed her shorts and slipped on a random pair of cargo pants that she had lying on her bed. Karson watched as she pulled one of his belts through her loops and shook his head with a frown.

"I've been looking for that damn belt for weeks! I oughta take it off and whoop yo ass with it." Karson thumped her lip, making her laugh as she swatted at his hands.