XVI | let's take a trip

It's been a week since the accident, which also meant it was time for Mexico

It's been a week since the accident, which also meant it was time for Mexico. It was the weekend of their departure, and everybody was on pins and needles, making sure they had everything they needed. Kar's attitude has been a little wonky because she wasn't feeling the scar on her forehead. Her stitches had dissolved, which, of course, left a scar. Her boyfriend calling her Scarface was the only comical thing about her accident. She was annoyed at first, but it grew on her. The only thing she hated about the accident was the power she allowed Yoniyah to have over her. She totaled her truck and could've lost her life in the process.

You be sayin', "No, no, no, no, no"
When it's really, "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes"
You be sayin', "No, no, no, no, no"
When it's really, "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes"
You be sayin', "No, no, no, no, no"
When it's really, "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes"
You be sayin', "No, no, no, no, no"
When it's really, "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes"

Karmine was currently sitting on the floor of her shed in front of her mirror as 'No, No, No, Pt. 1' by Destiny's Child blared through the built-in speakers, making the floors shake as the bass noomed through the subwoofer. She was in the middle of doing her hair for their trip. Her style of choice was some small box braids that came a little past her butt cheeks. She was already short, so given the length of whatever hair she was going to use, her braids were gonna come past her butt anyway.

Quen entered the shed dressed in nothing but a pair of basketball shorts, socks, and a pair of Nike slides on his feet. Kar shook her head at the sweat glistening on his tattoos. She bit her lip while watching him swagger her way. "You done ate yet and took a break?"

"No, but I'm almost done." Karmine shook her head before throwing the finished braid to the side. She parted her hair quickly and gathered up enough braiding hair to her satisfaction before starting on another braid.

Quen shook his head and walked around her body, being careful not to step in any hair. Once he stood in front of her, he squatted and unwrapped the 6-inch sub before holding it up to her mouth. Kar rolled her eyes playfully before taking a bite of the turkey and roast beef sandwich. She chewed and swallowed before allowing Quen to hold a Gatorade up to her mouth. Karmine took a few sips, which left Quen satisfied. He kissed her lips and scar before exiting the shed. Kar couldn't help but smile and shake her head.

"That boy loves him some, Karmine." She whispered to herself before laughing.

An hour and a half later, Kar was cleaning up her shed. She had finished and dipped her hair; now she was cleaning up so she could retwist her cousin's hair. Grabbing the broom from her closet, she swept all the hair up into a pile, making sure to pull the hair from the bristles of the broom. She balled it all up and threw it into the pile of trash. She cracked her back and sighed once the pressure released. Grabbing the black trash bag, she gathered all the plastic and cardboard from the floor first, stuffing everything into the bag before sliding her dustpan across the floor.