II | whorship & monday morning

The end of the weekend had finally came, bringing us to the lord's day

The end of the weekend had finally came, bringing us to the lord's day. Sunday was usually Karmine's rest and reset day, but she promised Momo, Quen's grandma that she would come to church today to witness her become the mother of the church. Karmine wouldn't miss it for nothing in the world. She loved Momo just as if she was her actual grandma.

Karmine stood in her bathroom in front of the mirror getting ready to unwrap her hair. While at the shop yesterday, she gave herself a fresh wash and let her auntie trim and give her a blow out. It was long and stopped at the middle of her back. Being that Karson didn't know anything about hair for real, he let his sister Faye take care of Karmine's hair and it's been healthy ever since. She never put a texturizer or a perm in. That is also another reason Kar likes doing hair. She had to learn how do her own when her auntie was busy.

"Dooda! Are you ready?" Karson asked as he approached her bedroom door and knocked on it with his two knuckles.

"Yes, daddy! I'm just touching up my hair!" Karmine yelled back as she ran the rattail comb through her hair and created a side part. Once she was satisfied with her look, she ran her hand through her hair, shaking and fluffing it out. She walked into her bedroom and grabbed her shoes, purse, hair bag, and jewelry of choice before heading to the front of the house.

"Daddy! Can you put my jewelry on for me?"

Karson nodded his head and placed his breakfast sandwich on the plate. He wiped his mouth and hands before approaching her. Karmine lifted up her hair which allowed her father to pull the diamond studded letter K pendant necklace around her neck and put the matching bracelet on her left wrist followed by her sliver and pink faced Datejust Rolex.

"I'm dropping you off at the church or Momo 'nem house?" Karson asked as he pulled on his suit jacket.

"Momo's house. She wants me to curl her hair. That's why I got up early. You coming to service and the ceremony or just the ceremony?"

"The ceremony, but I'm going to slide in right when the service is ending. I may do a lot for the community, but you know these people don't like me for real. They say I'm the devil's spawn. If it wasn't for Momo, I wouldn't be stepping foot in that church today." Karson shook his head and held the front door open for his daughter before locking and closing it behind him.

Karmine pouted and shook her head as she climbed into her father's black 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. Once she was all the way in, her father shut the door and jogged around to the driver's side and climbed in. Kar knew what her father did was a little unethical, but she would never judge him especially since he had little to no parental guidance. Karson did what any black man knew what to do and that was hustle.

One day Karmine asked her father how he was such a good father when he didn't know his father or have a father figure in his life. She had seen her father cry a few times in her life, but that particular day? Karson cried for the little boy in him. She had never seen him cry like that. It honestly scared her because she thought she had said something wrong, but he said he's a good father because he didn't want her to go through what he went through. Karson said he's a good father because he knew what type of man he wanted to be.