XXV | block is hot

One month has passed since Karmine's graduation, which also means one month has passed since she learned Q cheated on her, and their breakup

One month has passed since Karmine's graduation, which also means one month has passed since she learned Q cheated on her, and their breakup. Compared to other teenage girls, Karmine was weathering the breakup well. Rather than crying and wallowing, she was genuinely enjoying her summer. Kar didn't think it was worthwhile to cry over someone who had dismissed her feelings. She was aware that mistakes would be made, given their age, but cheating wasn't a mistake. Exactly why she encouraged him to attend college alone for this reason, but he refused. He promised her it would always be her. And what action did he take? He broke the promise.

Quen attempted to use Kar's return to work as an excuse to speak with her. The fact that Karson didn't say, "Don't go to her job," made him try to take advantage of that window. However, Kar quickly put an end to that after he ambushed her the first night. Sometimes, she rides with Mario and Judah to work instead of driving every day, and after work, one of them meets her and takes her to the barbershop. Quen knew better than to try Mario, especially after the ass whooping he received.

It was a Thursday night, and Kar was knocked out in Judah's arms. Mario slept at the foot while Shariq and Amari occupied the floor. After everybody got off work, they enjoyed the meal that Karson cooked, showered, and retreated to Karmine's room for a movie night. They didn't even make it through. After the first movie, Mario was the first to fall asleep, and it was a domino effect.

Around midnight, Karmine jumped out her sleep abruptly. She rubbed her eyes and looked around her room. She let out an ear-piercing scream that woke the whole house. Karson rolled over, and Reighn slapped his back, waking him up. The sound of his daughter's screaming had him up on his feet with a quickness. He grabbed the AR from the side of his bed before running to her room.

"Quentavious, what the fuck?!" Karson barked as he walked into the room with his gun drawn.

Everybody was up on their feet except Karmine. She sat up in the middle of the bed, her chest heaving, on the verge of passing out. Judah pulled her out of bed and to her feet. They all stared at Quentavious, who was sitting under her window with his knees up and hands clasped together. He pushed the hood off his head, eyes locked on Karmine.

"This is the only way I can get you to talk to me. You've blocked my number, Twitter, Facebook, and just everything. It's like you've severed all ties with me. You're even getting off work early just to avoid me." Quen confessed, making Karson laugh while shaking his head.

"By breaking in and climbing through my window?! Has it ever occurred to you that I don't want to talk to you? Nobody knows what you did but our parents. But if you would like to share with the class what you did, then the floor is yours. You can't make me talk to you! I don't want to talk to you! I don't want to hear whatever weak explanation you have to try to excuse your actions! I'll talk to you when I'm ready, and who knows? That can be weeks, months, or years from now. You did me dirty! You broke the promise that you made! You did this, Quentavious!"