VI | girls night

"Oh my God, Kevon! My dresses are so cute!" Karmine boasted as she drove down the street

"Oh my God, Kevon! My dresses are so cute!" Karmine boasted as she drove down the street. She had just dropped Momo back off at home and now she was about to run a few late errands for her sleepover.

On the other end of the phone, Quentavious was all smiles at her excitement because there was one point where she didn't care about prom. But Quen was glad she was finally warming up to it. He knew the closer it got, her attitude was going to change. He was more than ready to pull up and show out. "Ooo! Not that girl gonna look good!"

"And is! I'm lowkey excited. Kind of glad I said yes." Karmine was smiling like crazy. She thought about her previous attitude and couldn't do nothing but laugh. She knew she couldn't let Quen's senior year end on a sour note. Because we all know that if she wasn't his date, he wasn't going. That was her baby and she would do whatever for him.

"You better had said yes because if you didn't I was whooping yo ass!"

Karmine rolled her eyes with a smirk. "Oh you wasn't whooping nothing."

"Psh, please! That's what you say! Can we crash the sleepover?"

"Absolutely not! Daddy is taking y'all with him and Uncle Kay to drop some cars off for that exact reason. Y'all can come over after they leave Sunday though. I'll make sure I put y'all plates up." Karmine stated as she looked in the right side mirror—switching lanes.

"We fighting at school in the morning."

"Niggas win the finals and think they're invincible." Karmine shook her head in disbelief as she turned left, speeding down the road.

"Aight! Watch I show you how invincible I am when I fold you ass up! But I gotta go, Boo. Pops got me cutting grass for the Easter bunny."

Karmine busted out laughing and shook her head because the code phrases be something completely different every time. Kar knew he was dealing with that snow and was about to let him concentrate. "Yea, that's right! Make that money, don't let it make you! Bring me some money home, Lover Boy."

Quentavious laughed loudly. "I gotchu, Lady Love. Talk to you later."

She pressed the button on the steering wheel ending the call as she turned right at a four-way stop. Once she approached one of the local bakeries she parallel parked in the front and grabbed her bookbag from the floor of the passenger seat—pulling her wristlet from the inside. Karmine went back and forth with herself about the sleepover plans. She ended up inviting all her cheer sisters anyway and instead of them messing up her father's kitchen, she decided to place a big order at the bakery. She knew that was the safest bet instead of baking themselves and making a mess.

"Hi! Welcome to House of Sweets. How can I help you today? Would you like to taste our new cheesecake squares?"

Karmine smiled and waved. "Sure, what flavors do you have?"