XII | preparation

It's been about two weeks since Quentavious committed to his college of choice and the fight, bringing us to the end of April

It's been about two weeks since Quentavious committed to his college of choice and the fight, bringing us to the end of April. In just a few days, prom and graduation will be taking over the city. Karmine has been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Between working, finishing up the school year, shopping for Quen, and being on the prom committee? Baby was beat. She was trying to keep herself as busy as possible because if she wasn't busy, she would be lost in her thoughts about Quen's departure. It was nearing, and she just couldn't stomach the fact that they were about to be apart.

"Karmine, what's wrong with you, boo?" Quentavious asked as he leaned up against the door frame of his room. She was laid out on his bed on her stomach as she watched the Jamie Foxx show. The duo was at Momo and Paw's house because Kar has been hiding from Shayla. Ever since that Saturday, she's been blowing up her phone and popping up at the house.

"My stomach and pelvis hurt, Pooda." She whined as she shifted her body in discomfort. She sighed and pulled the cover all the way up her body until all you saw were her eyes.

"You on your period?"

She shook her head at his question. "No. You know, I stopped taking my birth control because it was making me feel sick. Now my cycle is back irregular. Stupid disorder is just doing my body so bad. Can you come rub me, please? Momo just gonna have to whoop us; I need yo touch right now."

At the tender age of thirteen, Karmine was diagnosed with an endocrine disorder—polycystic ovary syndrome, to be exact. As an adolescent, her weight would be up and down, and that was strange to Karson. When she never got her cycle at the age intended to, he knew something was wrong with his daughter. Her rapid weight gain, facial hair, mood swings, headaches, and irregular periods were clear indicators of the disorder. Being the father that Karson is, he and Momo fought with almost every doctor and specialist until she was tested and properly diagnosed. Three years later, she was still suffering from the symptoms. Her doctor's appointment last month was pointless because nothing had changed, but Karson wanted to make sure his baby was alright.

Quen chuckled and closed his door before sliding into the bed with his Lady Love. He knew closing the door was a big no, no, but he would just have to suffer the consequences later. "You said yo pelvis hurt, right?"

Karmine giggled at his touch. "Pooda, that's my cat. Please stop playing and move your hands up. I'm in a lot of pain, and I hate it."

"Isn't pelvic pain one of the many symptoms?" He asked curiously as he rubbed her pelvis. She was now on her side, propped up with a pillow. It was a weird position, but it was providing some relief she needed. She nodded her head as she closed her eyes.

"Yes, it's one. Go over a little." She suggested softly as she sighed in satisfaction. Quen did as told with a frown on his face. He hated to see his lady in pain, especially when he knew it was nothing he could do but rub her body down.