I | cool kids

"I'm so ready for summer break man

"I'm so ready for summer break man." Karmine expressed as she walked through the halls of Kentwood High School. She sucked on her green apple Jolly Rancher sucker and tucked her hands into the straps of her apple green Jansport bookbag.

"You and me both, Juicy. You braiding today?" Judah asked as he munched on some baked hot Cheetos. He preferred them over the regular ones. He said it was about the only thing First Lady Obama did right with the school system, but that other stuff? Was trash.

Karmine sighed. "Don't even remind me, Poohbear. I got like three heads as soon as school is over and too many this weekend. I'm so glad I graduate a year early because being a full time braider and a scholar is hell."

"I'm just glad you don't cheer during basketball season because with you being a braider and cheerleader, you'd probably be dead by now." Judah shook his head in disbelief as he held the door open to their math class for her.

"You a fool, Judah." Karmine busted out laughing and slid into her unofficial assigned desk. She turned her body putting her back up against the wall.

"I'm for real girl. You barely be making it now and, yet you been on the superintendent's list since we started high school. Smart, hardworking ass!" Judah yelled dramatically as he sat on top of his desk, swing his legs.

"I hate you, yo." Karmine shook her head and bit the sucker making it crack into pieces.

"I swear hanging with you, we always come to class early. I just know Mrs. Kumar Indian ass gonna piss me off today. Non-English speaking ass."

Karmine covered her as she choked on her laugh. She wiped the stray tear and shook her head. "Judah! What is wrong with you?"

He humped his shoulders and slid into the seat—opening up his bookbag grabbing his blue notebook which was designated for this math class once the bell rung. Karmine stared at him and couldn't do nothing but shake her head again. Judah was quite the character, but she loved him. They've been like two peas in a pod since middle school days. He helped her fight the bullies off one day during recess and they've been cool as a ceiling fan since.

The second bell rung indicating that everybody had five minutes to get to class before the final bell rung. Karmine turned her body into the seat because she knew her classmates were about to rush into the classroom all wild  and crazy. Their teacher walked in first and couldn't help but to smile. Little did Judah know, Mrs. Kumar considered both him and Karmine her favorite students along with the star basketball player the whole school loved. They did their work and never missed a beat which she loved since her class was an honors class.

"Afternoon you two." She spoke in her accent as she began writing the bell ringer on the board.

"Hey, Mrs. Kumar." The duo spoke simultaneously making her smile again.

Loud chatter was all you heard from the hallway as students rushed to their classes before the bell sounded. Prom season was slowly approaching and nobody wanted tardies on their record because if you get more than five before prom, then you won't be attending.