VIII | it's a celebration

"Having a half of day today is just so pointless

"Having a half of day today is just so pointless. They could've just let us stay home. They already know everybody going to the game. Then it's already bad enough they scheduled the game on a Monday. Plus this the last week before spring break." Judah expressed as he shook his head. Karmine laughed at his frustration and grabbed his paper, checking over his work.

"At least we can go home after lunch." Karmine tried to reason with him as she marked which part of his equation was wrong. She did an example question, step by step showing him the correct way to get the answer. She passed the paper back to him and looked over her work before turning the worksheet in.

It was Monday and the day of the championship. Instead of letting the students have the day off, they issued a sixty percent day, so everybody could get ready to support the Kentwood Cheetahs as they rocked out the big house. From current students to alumni everybody was excited to see their beloved basketball team bring home another win, bringing the season to a close.

"Are we even staying for lunch?" Judah asked as he reworked his problem. He completed the rest of his equations before writing his name at the top of his work along with his worksheet.

Kar smacked her lips and stared at him. "Now, PoohBear you know the answer to that."

"You just don't wanna go because Quen and Lexi not here. Granted you don't eat the lunch, but still."

"You don't know me." Kar rolled her eyes making him laugh.

"But I do."

The bell finally rung, signaling the students that it was time to migrate to the cafeteria. Being that it was a half of day, they decided to pass out slices of pizza as the students walked through the cafe—by law they have to feed the students. They have the choice to eat it there or take it to leave. Karmine busted out laughing once Judah entered her lunch number to get him an extra slice. Mario did the same entering Quen's and Lexi's number. Kar couldn't do nothing but shake her head as she held the school's door open for them.

"I don't know what they did today, but this pizza good as hell!" Mario exclaimed as he fought with a cheese pull. Judah nodded his head in agreement. Kar stared at them in disgust and wondered what God was thinking when he placed all these men in her life.

Pulling the keys from her bookbag, Kar hit the keyfob—unlocking the doors to her father's five series 535i BMW. When she woke up this morning, she woke up to breakfast, an empty house, and a missing car. She knew a father had taken her Chevy, so she took the liberty of taking the keys to his favorite beamer. Sliding into the driver's seat, Kar tossed her green apple Jansport bookbag to the backseat and pulled her seatbelt on. She wanted until Beavis and Butthead were securely in the car before pushing the start button.

"Unc, gonna beat yo ass for driving his Beamer. You know he luh this damn car." Mario stated as he sat in the passenger seat with a mouth full of pepperonis. Karmine was so disgusted she just pulled out of the parking spot and out the parking lot not even bothering to say anything.