XXIX | miranda said

It was finally the month of March, and it was the start of Karmine's and her brother's spring break

It was finally the month of March, and it was the start of Karmine's and her brother's spring break. The quintuplets were set to take on and experience Thrillville Adventure, the amusement park in Ohio. Everybody took a vote and opted out of going to Florida because they knew it was going to be full of other college students. The cool kids just wanted to hang with each other and have fun. They had four-day passes. Instead of staying for a week, four became the winning number so that Shariq could at least enjoy a few days of rest before heading back to school.

It was currently Saturday night, and four out of five of the cool kids were sitting outside the airport in Karson's Escalade. Karmine was in the driver's seat, Judah was to her right, while Mario and Amari occupied the back. Shariq's plane was scheduled to land in the next thirty minutes. He didn't want to drive, so Kar, being the sister she is, paid for his ticket. The quicker he got home, the quicker she could get on his nerves. Also, the quicker they could have fun. He would have left Friday, but he had one midterm to take and a round of practice.

"Give me a bite." Judah demanded, making Kar groan dramatically. She hadn't even opened the Payday good enough, and he was already begging.

"I'm about to start feeding you Hungry Man meals since you're so hungry all the time. Just greedy." Karmine sassed, making Mario and Amari laugh loudly and dramatically.

"That wasn't even that funny." Judah frowned and snatched the whole candy bar, making Kar gasp loudly. She punched his chest, causing him to choke as he clutched the spot she punched.

Before she could even blink, Judah's hand was wrapped around her throat, and they were face to face, breathing heavily as they fell in sync with their chests rising and falling at the same time. Mario's head was cocked to the side as he stared at them in shock and disgust as they kissed.

"Yea, you two are a match made because what the hell just happened? First, y'all were fighting over a candy bar, and next y'all were kissing. Married couple type shit. That's the type of stuff Auntie Rei and Unc be doing." Mario shook his head in disbelief. Judah and Karmine flicked him off before turning forward, eventually sharing the candy bar.

Karmine picked up Judah's phone from his lap, going to his camera. She leaned across the armrest, cupping his face and rubbing her fingers through his beard as she recorded them. He was her nonchalant, mellow teddy bear who did anything to make her smile, including letting her treat his body like a jungle gym. If they were in the truck alone, she would have crawled into his lap by now.

"Riqqy! Hi, brother!" Karmine screamed as she stood out of the sunroof, recording him as he danced his way down the sidewalk.

"Wassup, Buga Boo!" He screamed just as excitedly. He started hitting Dem Folks.

Mario couldn't help but hop out and join him. Only Black people dance anywhere, no matter the time or day. Everybody erupted in laughter once Rio started humping the ground with one hand behind his back. As other travelers emerged from the airport, they were laughing as well. Once the security blew their whistle, Mario snatched up Shariq's duffle, and they both booked it to the truck.