XXIV | karma unpredicted

The second quarter arrived quickly, on a mission

The second quarter arrived quickly, on a mission. If you didn't know, the second quarter consisted of the three months of April, May, and June. The specific quarter consisted of April showers, which bring May flowers, and the summer solstice. The coolness of the spring season fades away as the summer's heat begins to scorch. Everybody knows summer in the South was overbearing. It was the southerners least favorite season.

The month of May may have brought flowers, but it was also graduation season. Karmine, Mario, Judah, and Alexia were finally walking the stage. Karmine was really excited about her cousin finally being handed his diploma. It's been a long year for him, and now Mario can finally say he was a high school graduate. Kar was so excited, she agreed to host their graduation party at her father's club, Karma's Jardín. The party hasn't even happened yet, and they deemed it the party of the summer. Summer hasn't even fully begun.

Karmine was in a small funk because her boyfriend was missing her graduation, and there was nothing she could do about it. The college had to change some things around pertaining to their finals schedule, so instead of Que coming home the week of graduation, he won't be arriving until the week after. The family didn't know who was more devastated, him or Karmine. The two were both in their feelings.

Graduation was a week away, and Karmine was just ready for it to be over. Because the quicker it was over, the quicker her Lover Boy could come home. It was little after noon, and the bestie duo was at their favorite hole in the wall, feasting on a few pounds of crawfish. The initial plan was to have a boil at the house, but before Karson could even crank up the pot, Reighn was puking up her insides. Kar decided to go to the restaurant because the boil seasoning had made Reighn sick. It was her first time throwing up since she became aware of her pregnancy.

Karson was on the verge of passing out from being overwhelmed because, in the midst of her throwing up, Reighn was also crying. It was just a lot. So Karmine snuck Judah out of the house before he discovered a very hormonal pregnant Reighn. She was currently seven months and giving her two favorite people the blues.

"Spicy ass shit." Judah shook his head as he frowned. Kar laughed and cracked a tail. She pulled her meat out and tossed it in her mouth. The loud suction sound was all that could be heard amongst the two as they sucked the heads of the crawfish.

"Pooh Bear! What did you get me for graduation?" Kar asked with a sly smirk before eating some of her snoball. She sniffed as she looked at him.

"Who said I got you anything?" Judah asked with a lopsided grin. Kar gasped loudly. He doubled over in laughter as he dodged the crawfish tail she threw at him.

"Damn brat."

Karmine ignored his mumble and placed her attention back on her food. She ate a few more tails before sitting and falling back into her chair, sighing loudly as she began to feel the fullness of her stomach.

Judah laughed as he watched her rub her stomach with her wrist. Kar had tackled five pounds, and she was full. Karson didn't cook the sack he bought; Karmine brought it to the restaurant, where they cleaned and cooked it for her. She knew she and Judah weren't going to be able to eat the whole sack, so she asked the restaurant owner to give out extra on her dime. Even though Judah was more than likely going to pay.