III | suspension & tears

"I can't believe QT is taking her to prom

"I can't believe QT is taking her to prom. She's not even pretty. Look at her fat ass. He could do so much better."

Karmine shook her head as she walked to her last class of the day. It's been about four days since the prom proposal and people were still talking about it. This is exactly what she was worried about. People were more mad at the fact that he was taking her to prom. Karmine turned the corner and bumped into someone. She cursed under her breath because this was honestly the last thing she needed today. A altercation was not in her plans. She woke up with one thing on her mind and that was passing her history test.

"Watch where the fuck you going, fat bitch!" The girl spat making Karmine sigh as she realized it was the girl that wanted to ask Quentavious to prom.

"Watch yo mouth." Karmine frowned preparing to walk away, but that was short lived once she was pushed into the wall. She sighed and licked her lips. She hadn't fought in over two years and honestly hated fighting, but this nitpicking about a boy was getting on her nerves. If she knew popping out or agreeing to go to prom was going to result into this, she would've said no and let Quen be a free man.

"Touch me again and watch I smack the shit out of you." Karmine gritted out as she tightened the straps on her bookbag—getting into defense mode. The girl laughed and reached out to punch Karmine, but before her fist could connect to her face, Karmine dodged the hit and punched her in her chin making her bite her tongue.

"I told yo dumb ass, but nah you wanna be bold. Now yo teeth loose, bitch."

Karmine bumped her shoulder and walked off heading to her history class. She refused to be late or miss her test knowing it was worth a lot. She also wanted to take her test before she was called to the office. Believe it or not, Kar was actually mad at herself for reacting, but she was tired of people talking smack. She just hope she didn't mess up her chance of graduating early and going to prom.

"Mrs. Watson, may I take my test now? I had an altercation in the hallway a few seconds ago and I know it won't be long before I'm called down to the office." Karmine expressed as she walked through the door of her history class. Mrs. Watson who was her favorite teacher shook her head and sighed.

"Really Kar? You was doing so good. What happened?"

"I don't know her name, but this girl pushed me and I told her if she touched me again I was smacking her. Nobody told her to be bold and try me." Karmine shrugged making her teacher laugh. Despite all the blacklash Kar received from her fellow peers, she was a fan favorite and loved by the whole school. Her last name held weight, not only because her father was the neighborhood dealer, but because of his high school days. The faculty and staff loved Karmine.

Just as Mrs. Watson was about to respond, the secretary's voice boomed through the PA system making Karmine drop her head and laugh.

"Here, Kar! Take the test home and bring it back tomorrow or whenever you come back. I trust you."