X | just another monday 0.1

It was a Saturday evening, and the cool kids were walking down the street

It was a Saturday evening, and the cool kids were walking down the street. Their spring break was slowly but surely coming to an end. They had done just about everything within the last five days. From jumping into the pool to getting sick. Everybody in the house has a runny nose, except for Karson. He scolded them for jumping in the pool knowing the weather was wonky, and he also reminded them that they were going to school Monday, no matter how sick they claimed to be.

Karmine licked her red icee as she watched the kids eat their snacks. They had just left the candy lady house, and Quentavious bought every kid on the block an icee cup, some chips, and whatever else they asked for. Quen licked Kar's chin, making her shriek. Juice from the icee was dripping down her mouth, so he just let his intrusive thoughts take over as usual. She pushed at his chest, pushing him away.

"Just nasty." She stared at him for a few seconds before laughing and shaking her head.

"I hope the food ready. I can just taste the crawfish already. First boil of the season and I'm finna get my grub on!" Mario closed his eyes and inhaled before exhaling, making them all laugh.

"A damn fool." Mario shook his head and stuck a cheese-covered Dorito in his mouth. He held the bag out to Alexia since she asked for one.

Quentavious wrapped his arm around Kar's waist and pulled her into his front as they stopped walking. They were a few minutes from the house, so she didn't mind the break. She turned around and looked up at him, staring into his dark brown eyes. She rubbed her fingers over his eyebrows, trying to rub out the crease like she always does.

It was always a shock to Kar to see how much of a softy he was with her. He was soft, gentle, and delicate. But when it came to anybody other than her? Quen was just as mean as they come. He had a hard exterior and interior, but she knew where it came from. He wore a natural, flat expression, and when you looked at him, you would think he was mugging you, but he wasn't. But if you stared too long, his expression would go from flat to hard, followed by the mug they were looking for. Quen would stare and admire Karmine as if she were the last girl on earth, while he looked at every other girl in disgust. He was very obsessed, and that's why everybody in the hood was mad.

Karmine Harrington, the fat girl, had the hood superstar's nose wide open, and he wasn't ashamed.

Quen likes and loves her so much that he actually longed for the day he was actually able to love her aloud—to love her loudly. He knew his Lady Love was shy and everything above, which is why he never pressured her to do anything when it came to their relationship. He did what she was okay with and listened when she voiced that she didn't like something. His main priority is always making sure she's comfortable, and vice versa. Their friendship and relationship worked because everything was literally times two, from communication to reciprocation. They were young but raised right. Quen and Kar were two headstrong individuals who shared the same commonality: the abandonment of a maternal figure.