XV | "will you be my.."

The month of June came in swinging

The month of June came in swinging. With the scorching sun and high temperatures, summer was in full force, and Karmine hated it. Baby was already hot natured, so she and the heat don't mix. The family trip to Mexico was about a week away, and everybody was ready. They always take family trips, but this will be the kids first time going out of the country, and the adults are going to make it a trip to remember.

Since the trip to Richmond, Karson has been watching his daughter more closely than usual. If he was hurting behind Yoniyah's transgressions, he knew his baby was. She was his fiancé of all, and to see her alive and well was definitely messing with his head. It was insulting and a huge slap to the face. For the last sixteen years, he thought she was dead or in a worse situation, but nope. She was living with a man and two kids. They were about two years younger than Karmine, meaning that after she abandoned her firstborn, she laid down and had two more. Karson was livid, and he's literally battling with the devil and angel on his shoulder.

"Mario, getcho ass in the buggy before I whoop you with my sandal like I'm Momo!" Karmine exclaimed as she smacked his back. Quen and Judah fell into a fit of laughter while watching him climb into the buggy. Kar dropped her purse in his lap and pushed the baby seat close, so he could sit all the way back.

"While you two are laughing, go get another buggy and meet us in the hygiene aisle." Kar rebutted, seizing their laughing session. She threw out a sarcastic smile before walking away, pushing a very bad Mario.

"You're annoying." He muttered, making her laugh.

"And you're a badass child. Always acting out in the damn store." Kar huffed as she grabbed travel-size toothpaste and new toothbrushes for everybody. She placed everything in Mario's lap until the other two returned with the other buggy.

The cool kids were currently at Walmart, Karmine's favorite store, picking up a few things for their upcoming trip. They already went shopping for their clothes and accessories. With the twenty thousand they each received from their trust funds, they definitely splurged. The kids were gonna be in Mexico looking and feeling good.

"Yea yea. You just better feed me when we leave this cold ass store." Mario shivered as he rubbed his arms.

"You'll be okay." Karmine waved him off and continued going down the aisle, grabbing stuff she needed along with stuff she knew everybody else needed. She made sure to stock up on sunscreen.

"Well, well, if it's not Ms. Karma." Keonte spoke, making her smack her lips.

Mario instantly noticed her discomfort and stood up in the buggy. He leaned back on the shelf behind him, watching the scene. He knew of Keonte, but he didn't know him. Mario was well aware that he used to cop some work from Quen, but when his uncle and father found out that he was selling to their community, they stopped supplying him all together. Karson had one major rule, and that was to never sell to your own. He preferred pushing his work to the whites and to the whites only.