09

CHAPTER NINE

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

A few weeks later, it was almost time for the first task of the Triwizard Tournament--almost. It was November 14th and the first task wasn't until the 24th. The first Quidditch match, however, was an hour away from starting and students were getting ready in their respective common rooms to head down to the field.

Tryouts had passed, and Flora, who tried out for the Gryffindor team, made Keeper for Gryffindor. The first game of the season would be Hufflepuff versus Slytherin this year, much to the dismay of the students in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.

"Do you guys need sweaters?" Ellie called out from her closet to Fleur and Gabrielle, who had decided to tag along to the Quidditch game with some of the other Beauxbatons students. 

"We're both fine," Fleur said. "Thank you, though."

"Of course," Ellie replied.

"Fleur, where are we meeting Cheri and Dana?" Gabrielle asked.

"I think we're going to the Great Hall first," Fleur responded. "That's where Marie asked that we meet her." She turned to Ellie with a question. "Is there anything fun about the game?" she asked, tilting her head as she adjusted her dainty scarf around her neck.

"Occasionally, there will be kiss cams that the Weasley twins organize, or special chants--the Slytherins get really into it--that shake the stands with everyone stomping," Ellie said with a grin. "These games do get really interesting, regardless of whose playing."

"Fleur, we'd better get going if we're going to make it to the Great Hall before the girls leave," Gabrielle told her older sister. "Merci beaucoup, Ellie."

Ellie smiled. "Of course."

The Delacour sisters left Ellie's room, leaving her alone to finish getting ready by herself before going to meet Flora and Frankie in the kitchens. She was wearing an incredibly basic outfit--flared jeans and a Hufflepuff sweater with gold jewelry and her hair down.

She picked up the gold hoops she wanted to wear off her desk and left her dorm, making her way to the kitchens as she fixed the earrings into her ears.

In the kitchens, Frankie was dressed in black leggings and an emerald green hoodie with silver and green face paint on her cheeks. She was wearing her silver snake necklace--a gift from her mom in first year--along with her hair in a ponytail, showing off her matching silver earrings.

"You couldn't have worn even a little gold?" Ellie joked as she walked into the kitchens.

"Absolutely not," Frankie scoffed. "We've got this one, for sure."

"Draco Malfoy is your team's Seeker," Ellie winced. "I wouldn't be all that confident. You'd better hope your Chasers can compensate for the kid's mistakes."

"What makes you think Diggory's any good this season?" Frankie asked. "Don't you hate him?"

"He's not nearly as scrawny as Draco Malfoy," Ellie replied, dismissing the other question. "So I think he'll be just fine."

It was true. Cedric was almost twice Draco's size. It made it a lot easier for him to stay steady on his broom, even with a Bludger flying at his head. He was also one of the few Seekers who was actually tall and muscled, seeing as Seekers were usually small, nimble, and light, which made him all the more impressive.

"Ooookay, that's enough of that," Flora interjected with a bright smile. She was wearing a very basic gray hoodie with black leggings, like Frankie's, and was sporting both colors under her eyes. A streak of green under one, a streak of gold under the other, showing her support for both houses seeing as her two best friends were members of the two. "Do we want to get food to eat on the way to the pitch?"