06

CHAPTER SIX

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

The Gryffindor common room was bustling. A spontaneous party had been thrown after dinner in Cedric's honor, and everyone from every house was invited. The party was at Gryffindor because they had the biggest common room and the most available seating, which proved to be incredibly useful with people from every house in attendance.

Ellie was stood in the corner, leaning against the wall with her lips pressed to the rim of her cup. A smirk was painted on her face as she interacted with the Weasley twins and Flora, who seemed to get nervous whenever Fred addressed her directly.

"Naturally Harry's chosen," George remarked. "Wouldn't expect anything else."

"It'll certainly make this year interesting," Ellie sighed, tipping her cup up and taking a drink. The twins, who were responsible for bringing the fruit punch, had definitely added a little bit of something that should not have been in that juice, and now Ellie was feeling a little bit tipsy.

"I dunno, I'm a bit worried about him," Flora said. "The boy's only fourteen. In fact, he's only just turned fourteen last month."

"Potter knows how to handle himself," Fred replied. "He did it when he was only a year old against the greatest wizard to ever live--besides Dumbledore, of course--and he's done it the last three years he's been here. I wouldn't be too worried, love."

The "love" was tacked on flirtily, something Fred was known to do often, yet Flora still blushed and looked away.

"You sound like a concerned mother," George told her.

"I'm going to go get a refill," Ellie stated. "Anyone want anything?"

"I'm alright," the twins replied in unison.

"Me as well," Flora added. "Thanks, El."

Ellie nodded before walking off toward the drinks table. She busied herself with refilling her cup, taking a long gulp of it and then pouring herself a little more to top it off. Merlin knows she needed it.

"Have a little control, Campbell," a voice said to her right. Or was it her left? "We've yet to find out what the twins have put in the drinks this time."

"Cedric," Ellie greeted civilly, turning to see the Hogwarts champion at her side. "Congratulations."

"Thank you," he said. "It's exciting, isn't it?"

"What?" she questioned, tilting her head.

"Having a Hogwarts champion in Hufflepuff," he replied. "One like me."

Ellie snorted a laugh. "Good to know just how highly you think of yourself," she said. "Then again, I've known all along, so I guess I better rephrase that. It's good to know just how highly you still think of yourself."

Cedric smirked. "My, my, you haven't changed a bit. I thought maybe me becoming champion would make you a little nicer to me."

"Maybe in a universe where Muggles learn how to do magic," she sighed, smiling a sickly sweet smile at him.

"You've clearly had too much to drink," he said. "You never care to hold a conversation this long."

"Maybe I have," she said defensively, frowning at him. "But I'll drink however much I please. As a matter of fact, I believe the twins are starting a game that involves firewhiskey shots, if you're up for it."

"Wow," he whistled appreciatively. "Eleanor Campbell, inviting me to a party game? What a dystopian world we live in these days."

Ellie rolled her eyes. "Are you coming or not?" she called out as she walked back towards the Weasleys.