Poor Prospects

"Mmm." Rebekah murmured. Liking the sound of that.

"Don't let it go to your head, she-wolf." He pointed to a hazy shape ahead. "You've a task just ahead."

The bleary outline near them moved forward and stepped from the grass. Turning to a bare leg slipping between bits of leather as her foot touched the ground. Drawing the immediate attention of the three wolves surrounding Marta, as they awaited a chance at her.

One lunged, growling at the woman, materializing from shadows.

Another woman, who'd been entirely invisible moments ago.

Startling the animal as she took form.

She swung her head toward him so quickly, that her thigh length brown hair swung out around her, mimicking the leather straps forming her skirt. She outstretched her palm and met the snout of the lunging wolf. Sending out a blooming white light. A hot current that touched through the animal.

He whimpered and fell. Wiping his paws over his snout in a desperate attempt to ease the burning pain. His skin still steamed from that one touch and his legs were convulsing.

Another tried from a different angle, and she threw an elbow into the side of his head. Brightening the dimming evening with another bloom of light that sizzled through its body.

The third wolf was nearly to her leg, but she leapt agilely over him. Bringing her shin down to tap the swoping back of the animal as she cleared. Just enough touch to convey that vicious current that had him vibrating on the ground with the others.

"Well done..." Rebekah breathed, impressed. "Wish that I had that gift."

Zyra gave her a dimpled grin. "My mate certainly wishes I did not."

Fury, still standing next to Rebekah, winced at the fears those words conjured. Aware she'd be mighty hard to mate with such a gift. Unless she was in the mood for such play.

"Let's get indoors." He suggested. "Before they wake."

He nodded toward the creatures.

Once inside the hut, Fury kicked the door closed.

Zyra held out her hands and slowly rubbed her fingers together. Creating vibrant, flickering white light to brighten the dwelling. It hissed and snapped as her fingertips scraped together.

Making Rebekah flinch a few times before becoming accustomed to it. She immediately began moving the man's shirt around. "I can't find the actual wound."

Fury crouched next to her and shredded Hawk's shirt.

"Aw." Rebekah pushed him slightly to get him to move. "I see it now. Would you hand me my bag?"

Fury lifted the heavy sack and gingerly set it next to her.

She began rummaging through like an animal making a den before finding a vial she liked. She quickly unraveled a bit of cloth from around it, to keep the glasses from slamming together, before she unstoppered it to pour a bit on her fingertips. Cleaning around the wound with it. Before finding another container that had a dark yellowish poultice in it.

"Hold him." She nodded to Hawk.

"He's out cold."

"He'll wake."

Fury grumbled but moved to drag the man's limp arms up by his head.

Rebekah curled her fingertips to press the poultice deep into the wound.

Hawk roared in pain and rose a foot before Fury's grip on his arms brought him to an abrupt halt.

"Ouch." Zyra said intently. Watching without a shred of expression.