Earn It

Vanquish was brutally ravishing me. Taking the pleasure he craved from my warm inner walls, to abate the fierce need that was now driving his beast.

And as much as I wanted to be furious with him for it. My heels were driving into the back of his legs. Pulling him closer.

A reminder that my beast was just as aggressive as his and she was willing to meet him. Violence for violence.

Monster to monster.

When he snarled low, I gave short high ones to alert him I didn't fear him. I felt the pounding of my heart evolving into a flutter. The rough slip of fur grating through my pores and the yellowing of my eyes. The growing of my teeth in my mouth.

She's responding to his threats. I knew. Feeling the writhing of my she-beast taking control of my human flesh.

My back snapped. Crunching. Even while he was inside me. Craning upwards into a peak.

I'm changing.

He didn't stop. Knowing he was driving my animal to the brink brought him some dark glee. He watched intently as I changed. He'd always told me that he found the change erotic, liked the look of my wolf.

He's attracted to me even in that form.

Hunter and Racer had to follow the twisting of my body to keep from hurting my joints. Eventually having no choice but to take me from Vanquish to flip me onto my feet in order to keep me from hurting myself.

My body rolled. Skin beneath fur as I was freed from human form. Turning completely into my wolf shape, I chased across the room to hunker and growl in the far corner. My white fur shimmering as I lowered ominously. Shoulders flexing as I twitched, ready to fight him. The dark brown fur around my eyes making the blue shine of them seem even more intense in the dim light. Warning him I was serious.

Wanting to fight him.

Wanting to expel wolf energy beneath the moon that was driving us all mad.

Wanting to make his beast earn what he'd tried to take.

He cracked his neck and leaned forward to the floor. Just when his hands should've slapped hard wood, paws hit with a soft flap. Black and white fur covering him just as quickly as he moved. By the time his back legs took their first step, his hips were already dropping into the curved flanks of a wolf.

A form that frees him too.

He came at me, at a dead run.

And I knew his aggression would drive him to hurt me. But nothing beyond what I can take.

I'd learned that beneath the last Mating Moon, despite the flickers of pain, there was no level I'd not survived.

Now it's more of a game to me.

Him challenging me, asserting his dominance, and me giving enough ground to sate his needs.

But not enough for him to think he can rule me.

I dodged him, nipping at his side on the way by.

That made him yelp and whirl to pursue me.

I rushed from the front door, clearing the porch and running into the woods. I could hear him behind me. His panting breaths as he loped seeming to draw closer and closer.

Exhilaration rushed through me. The breeze ruffling my fur and letting warm sunshine between.

He was larger and covered more distance with each