Chapter 3

What a day right?

The ladies both went to bed after such a long day.

However, they both woke up unbelievably early. Fantasia had to make a stop at the warehouse before work and Taraji had to gather all the information she had about Fantasia Barrono, a 26-year-old, who was the biggest thug named Triple 4.

"That's right, it's genius, of course, nobody would ever in their right mind suspect her. But, why is her DNA in the System as suspect number five?"

Taraji asked herself that question.
She decided to call her husband and ask.

Taraji: Morning babe. Did I wake you?
Paul: don't worry about love, what's up?
Taraji: uh nothing, I was just at the bureau wondering why y'all haven't caught this Triple 4 guy. So I started snooping, you know me, curious. So I found 5 suspects. Four males one female. The female seems to be young, like 26... What makes her eligible?
Paul: Baby you called me to ask about some female thug? Uh... Okay Wait, I got a file right here, oh babe you won't like this. Her DNA was found on Daniel's murder scene. And you know how we concluded that your cousin was murdered by triple 4. That's how she got to the top 5. But I think she's just a bait.
Taraji: what? So she killed my cousin?
Paul: yeah, stop snooping. I got this.
Taraji: sure you got this
She hung up.

"Son of a bitch!" Taraji muttered. She took the evidence she had and took it to her safe deposit box before going to work.

It was Wednesday, they always have staff meetings on Wednesdays.

She sat in her office her mind going through the day she got to the scene to see her cousin's lifeless body. She remembers her husband snatching her up kicking and screaming. She remembered how fucked up she felt the entire week because Daniel's death triggered a trauma in her life when she lost her brother Dante.
Both were shot in New York City. But Dante's shooter was put behind bars but it kills her to know she never caught the thug who killed her cousin.

Her tears ran down feeling guilty because she had her cousin's killer in the palm of her hand last night but did nothing to catch her. The guilt ate her alive. She picked up a framed picture from her desk and slammed it against the wall.

Somebody gasped. She lifted her eyes Fantasia was in the office. "I was about to knock. Bad timing?"

Taraji wiped her tears. "Every time is bad timing with me and you," Taraji said.
Fantasia swallowed hard. "Meeting is in 10 minutes, I don't want you to be late."
"After the meeting, what do you say you and I take a ride, it's a very short ride really, maybe talk?"

"I can't I have.. I have a thing"

"I wasn't asking you. Postpone your thing for my thing" Taraji commanded, looking at her.
"I have a feeling I won't like your thing. Because of the look on your face. But okay"

Taraji got her iPad walked past Fantasia and went to the staff meeting...

The meeting took an hour tops.
Taraji took her phone and put the iPad in the drawer and went to her car. She waited for Fantasia.
Fantasia showed up and got in the passenger's seat. Taraji drove.

They got on a freeway...
She parked her car on the side of the road and got off. Fantasia was confused. "Okay!" she said with an attitude and got off too.

"This is where you come to get fresh air??? I--I don't even know!" Fantasia said. "Close. This is where I come to scream" Taraji said

"I get it life is a lot. But why this spot, what's so special about it?"

"I come here to scream because my cousin was murdered here and I haven't been able to catch the monster who did it. So I just come here and scream it out" Taraji said.