Chapter 14

Ego & power hungry.

Room 306

Fantasia was sleeping after having sex with an FBI Agent.
Agent Carter... was dressing up to leave. She looked at her falling in love.
"I had a great time, are you gonna call me?" she asked Fantasia. "Soon. I have a lot on my plate right now, but I will call you soon" Fantasia said with her eyes closed.
"Hey, if you need protection... I mean if you in trouble, I can protect you" Carter said. Fantasia was only hoping for stress-relieving sex but it came out with more than she expected, another FBI protecting her ass? That's a plus.

She opened her eyes. "You mean that or you just playing me to nail my ass 'cause I can tell you right now, playing me is not such a good idea," Fantasia said sitting up straight. "I am not just playing you, you are growing on me, and I take care of people I love"
Fantasia didn't care that she said "love," she was flattered either way. "good. Is good to know I can count on you Carter" Fantasia said.
"Call me Caren!"
"We will see about that. Get home safe, I can use some rest" Fantasia said. Carter kissed Fantasia on the lips before heading out.
Fantasia checked her phone to see if Taraji called or texted, but nothing.
She groaned loudly like an angry bear.

She plopped her back on the bed and eventually fell asleep.

A few hours later, Carter was just getting to work.
"Director is here, she's not happy" they notified her, she rushed to the bathroom to fix her look before facing Taraji.

"Agent Henson, Morning boss," she said nervously stepping into the boardroom. "You telling me, I almost got killed playing undercover, wasted my time making one of the most prestigious thugs in New York City break, just to hear she got away with everything? Explain yourself" Taraji lashed out. "She is way too smarter than we anticipated. The girl has eyes and ears everywhere. There is a rat or rats in the Department. But I'm working on a new strategy. We will nail her this time, I just need a little more time, patience" Carter said.

"No, I'm pulling the plugs on this humiliating investigation. The more we poke, the more we look stupid. Tear up the file. unless something else happens, the investigation on Triple 4 is closed. Let everybody know it!" Taraji said and walked out. She permanently closed the case against Fantasia.

Carter smiled and called Fantasia.

Tasia: what?
Carter: that's not a way to answer a call from a girl you just spent the night with, certainly not for the girl who had all cases and investigations against you dropped for good.
Tasia: Wait what? You ain't got the power to do that. What's really going on?
Carter: I do have the power, I convinced the director that it was a loss cost. She dropped it. I'm burning All the files as we speak.
Tasia: oh. Jee thanks, I gotta go.

Fantasia hung up.
Carter took the credit.
Fantasia called Taraji.

Taraji: hey wifey...
Tasia: don't call me that. By the way, I want a divorce...
Taraji: okay, my bad. Come over to the office with divorce papers, I will sign them.
Tasia: I can't wait to be free from you.
Taraji: right...Is that why you called me this morning, about divorce?
Tasia: no, I heard all investigations against me are shredded. You must be fucked up and angry right now! I know how bad you want me to go to prison, well baby tough luck, better luck next time. Though you must look stupid as fuck right now, I wish to see your face.
Taraji: wait what? sweetie, I saved your ass, I did that! So, try not to make me regret getting involved. It's done.
Tasia: oh please Taraji don't act like you are on my side. You are not. I know you did this because there was nothing solid there. The case was weak and so are you!
(Taraji gasped)
Taraji: Are you fucking kidding me? Do you want me to find something for you to continue this case Fantasia? Cause if you provoking me, I will show you what a real Agent can do...
Tasia: I won't go to prison Taraji you are wasting your time. It will be fun to see you try baby. I own your bureau, I own your walls and you know what else? I own the Judges panel and all the best attorneys in New York City. I own the fucking streets, I own New York City baby. I own you!
(Taraji got upset, her ego got the best of her, and she hung up)