Chapter 25

The following day:
Taraji was still confused by the blank paper Fantasia gave her. She unfolded it a couple of times to review any suspicious appearance on it, but it was just a bank paper.
"Argh! What the hell is this?" she decided to cut a similar kind of paper and kept both.

In the evening, around 6 pm, Stoney was already in the building, and Taraji was still in a Skype meeting. So she waited outside her office while watching YouTube videos and crackling.

After her meeting was over, Taraji stood by the door and waved Stoney in.
They walked inside. Taraji shut the door.

Stoney sat down, and Taraji remained standing. "so what's up, boss? Am I fired?" She asked. "No!" Taraji said. "Okay, what's up?" Stoney asked putting away her distractive phone and lifting her face to Taraji. "I got your package in my mail"
"Okay. Let's look at it!" Stoney said.

Taraji scanned at her, pulled her cut paper similar to the original one, and handed it to her.
Stoney looked at it and frowned. "is this some kind of joke?" She snapped. "what? No, that's the package; it confused me, too!" Taraji said sitting down. "And how do you know it belongs to me Taraji? What the fuck is going on?" Stoney snapped. Taraji shrugged. Stoney squeezed the paper in her hand, tossed the paper in the trash, and stood up. "If you don't tell me what's going on, I will just find out myself," she said turning to leave.

Taraji pulled the original paper and stood. "maybe this will help!" Taraji said handing it to her. Stoney looked at her and snatched it chuckling. "Another paper Taraji?" then unfolded it. She looked deep into it, lifted it to the light, and gasped, turning rapidly to her back, looking around like a lost puppy.

"Where the hell is she?" she asked. "She who?" Taraji played dumb. "You know who. So I was right, her ass is not dead. You played me, you know her, how do you know her... Oh my gosh, don't tell me–you dating her? Oh gosh not this again, I'm dead!" Stoney mumbled.
"Stoney, I'm sorry. I wanted to say something, but I had to protect her cover. What does a bank paper mean?"

"It mean she's watching me. You didn't tell her about– You know, did you?" She sounded shaken.

"I didn't have to, she saw the hickeys you left on my neck, I tried lying but I was just bad, she just–she knows"
Stoney paced. Taraji walked towards her. "look, I can protect you, I got you. I will protect you"

Stoney chuckled hysterically. "You? protect me? from Fantasia? Lady, do you even know who the fuck that girl is? What she's capable of?"

"Yes, I do and she loves me, she can listen to me"

"Love? Lady Fantasia doesn't love? That woman is dead inside; she wouldn't know what love is if it smacked her in the damn face, Tasia doesn't love nobody but herself; she doesn't love anything but power." Stoney said.

"Uh, well, I think she loves me, okay? Let me delude myself; I don't care." Tataji snapped, she sounded agitated by what Stoney said. Stoney narrowed her eyes at her. "Oh my god Taraji, you love her. You love that two-faced, power-hungry, self-evolved, dirtbag"
"watch it, that's my future wife you are talking about"

Stoney laughed dryly. "wife? Baby girl, are you that naive? The only reason Fantasia would marry you is if you would protect her without her asking you to; she's strategic, a game player, she's excellent at it, and she's guided, very guided, and smooth. Have you ever seen a cheating husband? Man tendencies? That's Fantasia, the masculine woman, the female man, and cops and the feds fall for it every time. Get out while you still can; you are a good woman; she's a piece of dirt. You can do way better. Good night, Taraji; take this as my resignation; if you ever need my protection, call me; I got you; you gonna need it." Stoney said and walked out.