Chapter 13

Continues...

While her mother was showering, Fantasia made a nerve-wracking phone call to Taraji. It rang three times before she came to the phone.

Taraji: this is Taraji P. Henson
Tasia: uh, is me... Fantasia.
Taraji: oh... Hey, are you okay? I heard about the Verdict, You amazes me.
Tasia: you must be very upset that I didn't go to prison.
Taraji: upset? no Fantasia I am not upset okay... I'm relieved, I'm happy
Tasia: Then why did you become my enemy in there, why try to shove me in prison? infect you didn't try you did it.
Taraji: I am sorry, things got out of hand, I really am sorry. To be fair, if I really wanted you to be locked up, you would be locked up right now.
Tasia: You owe me Taraji, I fell in love with you and you just spit that in my face.
Taraji: what can I do?
Tasia: I'm your wife, you forgot that little detail?
Taraji: no baby, I did not.
Tasia: Well my mother is here, she's a fan of you and uses your amazing products, I had to lie about a couple of things, or else she was gonna take me home, you know, to fix me. I said I was working two jobs at your company and that the Penthouse was yours. I'm your sister's driver and intern in your office. Now she wanna meet you. I think this will finally get her off my back and maybe I will stop being such a disappointment to her. So tomorrow, can you pretend all of this is true to my mother?? Please, I know it's crazy that a grown-ass woman is still seeking her mother’s approval like this but... It's complicated.
Taraji: you don't have to explain it to me, honey, I know what that is like, it doesn't make me think any less of you. Come through to the office, I got your back. For real this time.
Tasia: Thank you.
Taraji: I am so happy you out Tasia.
Tasia: Yeah I almost didn't. But don't mention jail to my mom.
Taraji: I said I got you, you can count on me... Plus I kind of still feel guilty for throwing you in prison, I will do anything.
Tasia: good. See you tomorrow.

The following day.
At the beauty Palace/boutique 

Taraji was in her office. Her employees were at work. Fantasia and her mother arrived.

Fantasia knocked on the office door. "Come on in!" Taraji said while on a business call. They walked in, she showed them chairs

Fantasia's mother was looking around the office. Taraji wrapped up the call and slammed her phone on its cradle. "Morning ladies, sorry about that, well, I didn't know today was take your mother to work day...am I missing something on my calendar Ms Barrino?"

"No sir, my mother was just passing by, and thank you for making this an exception. I appreciate it" Fantasia said genuinely
"We gonna talk about my repayment later, right now, I'm excited to meet this beautiful woman. I'm Taraji P. Henson you must be Isabella Barrino.."

"I must be... But is Isabella Martin now? It is an honor to be in your humble office where the Magic happens. I love your product so much" She said. Taraji smiled. Taraji pulled a big file and placed it on the table. "You get to work in my office today. I will show your Mother around" Taraji said. "Yes sir!" Fantasia said, she knew her desk was occupied by a new intern, so Taraji was trying to cover that up.

She took Isabella for a tour.

"Wow your office is remarkable, your mother must be proud," Isabella said to Taraji. "yeah, I don't think she was ever proud of me. Is complicated, Mothers and their daughters huh... Can you relate?" Taraji was snooping.
"Yeah, my relationship with Tasia is complicated as well, but I have a stable one with her sister. She get me, and she had her shit together you know..."

"And let me guess, Tasia is a disappointment?"

"I didn't say that, I love my children equally. It just seems like I love Francine more because we are close." Isabella justified.
"Sounds like an excuse to me"
"Well it is not, Fantasia is just a mentally challenged little girl, ever since her father died, she plays with guns, beats people up, quits school, and consumes alcohol. Slept around. I always thought she was gonna end up in a ditch somewhere, or Prison, so I'm hard on her, that is the best I can show love because I love my daughter and I don't want her to end up in any of those places, she's tough too... Like her father there is nothing wrong with being vulnerable and soft we are females. She's not married, I'm guessing she still sleeps around. I worry" Isabella said.