Chapter 17

After working hours.

Taraji plopped in her chair after back-to-back meetings she had. She was exhausted.
"Knock knock!" Raven said pushing the door open. "Oh my gosh, Lil Ray!" Taraji said getting off her chair and rushing to hug Raven. "Hey TRJ"
Taraji smiled and hugged Raven tight. Raven took in Taraji's scent and swallowed it in.

They pulled from each other... "Do you still like men 'cause... Holy shit!" Raven said looking Taraji up and down. Taraji chuckled biting her bottom lip.
"I, well not entirely."

"oh, I'm interested. Tell me more, who's the lucky girl? I should have been your first,"

Taraji chuckled. "What brings you to my OR Dr Simmons?"
Raven sighed and sat down. "Some Agent came to me, convinced me to open up Ryan's murder case, I don't know, I just felt like I needed somebody to talk to. The Agent sounded Sneaky"

"Did you get a name?"

"Yes, Agent Carter."
"She's not a good person baby girl, whatever agenda it is there, it ain't about Justice for your Cousin or peace for you, it's about her. Did she tell you why?"

"That there is new evidence and somebody to testify in court"

"what do you wanna do? I got your back no matter what" Taraji said
"That's the thing TRJ, I don't know what to do, feel like I'm being pulled from both sides and would explode in the middle," Raven said.
"What do you mean? Who else is in on this?" Taraji asked.

"Some bulldozer lawyer. Her name is Fran on fancie, I don't remember, something with F. A. N.
She wants me to work with her and not open up the case. Is like she is protecting someone"

Taraji's eyes widened and got swallowed by her brain, she froze and thought deeply about the news.

"TRJ?"
Taraji snapped out of it. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah. Uh, I have somewhere to be baby girl. I will call you okay?"
Raven nodded and excused herself.

Taraji called Fantasia.
Tasia: hey baby...
Taraji: we need to talk. Now!! Where are you?
Tasia: uh, is everything okay?
Taraji: I guess you will tell me when I get there... which is where?
Tasia: The warehouse. But I have meetings baby can't we do this later?

Taraji hung up.

She left her office. Got in her car and drove like a maniac.
Arriving at a big building, a law firm... She marched inside, not caring about checking in at the front desk or making an appointment, she just went straight to Fran's office. The receptionist called security on her.

Taraji pushed open Fran's office door.

Fran turned rapidly. She paused abs smirked. Taraji slammed the door closed. "I need the fucking truth and you are gonna tell it, Fran-"

"Ouh, feisty much baby girl?" Fran said moving in her big movable chair.
The Receptionist knocked, walking in. "Hey boss, is this person bothering you, I called Security," she said. "No she's good, for now, tell security to stand down. I will call if I need a hand. Shut the door!" Fran said. She nodded and walked out, shutting the door.
"So, Agent... What can I do for you?" Fran asked.
"Is about my friend, my best friend, did Fantasia kill him and you covered for it?" Taraji asked with a serious face.

Fran smiled.
"Why don't you ask her... She's your-what was the title you used last night? Oh yeah, Wife. So go ask your wife, I'm not answering any questions from you Taraji, I don't owe you anything. I have no answer!" Fran said.
Taraji bitten her lip feeling pissed off. She paced...
"You are still in my office, should I call that security now?"

"You know what's funny Fran? I really love your sister. But she's using me as a shade, lying to my face and laughing in my back." Taraji said kicking the trash can. "She is playing me for a fool? She killed somebody I really ever loved, my best friend, my first! My family." Taraji was wheezing.

Fran recorded her while she blabbed and threw temper tantrums. It was disastrous, scary.
Fran swallowed hard...
Her heart was pounding, she was nervous.
"I was starting to take our marriage seriously, and she lies like it's how to breathe! I can never forgive this, ever!" Taraji concluded and stormed out.

Fran jumped to the shutting of the door and immediately sent her sister the recording.
With a caption:
*She knows, it will be best if you stopped lying to her If you really want to stay out of jail, I know Taraji from a while back, she put big thugs like you in prison like a light switch, make her believe, you can't live without her, be convincing, I know you don't cry, but I need you to practice crying or it will be over Fantasia!*

Fantasia got the text and then listened to the audio.

Raven knocked on the door while walking in.
"Hey, stranger!" Raven said... Fantasia gasped standing up. "uh, Ray? What-what are you doing here? where is your boyfriend? Ain't you married now, living in LA? What's going on, I thought you were done with me. That's what you said when you left right?"
Fantasia asked stuttering and standing up.

"slow your jam, rock star... What's with the 21 questions? I'm here. You didn't miss me? At all?" Raven asked. Fantasia swallowed hard.

"We need to talk," Raven said sitting on the chair on the other side of the table.
Fantasia started pacing. "Okay, let's talk," she said

"It's about my cousin, people are coming for you...determined people"

"I want names!" Fantasia said

There was a banging on the door. "Oh fuck no!" she panicked. Taraji pushed the door open.

"You have two minutes to tell me word by word, how the fuck you murdered my friend and why you fucking did it. Now speak!" Taraji demanded. Fantasia's jaw dropped, and her eyes moved from Taraji to Raven, Taraji's eyes followed hers and landed on an unexpected visitor.
She gasped.
"What the hell is going on here? Raven, what are you doing here? How the fuck do you two know each other?" She asked then snapped... Getting frustrated by a minute.

Raven stood up and eyed Fantasia. Fantasia was really shaken. Her heart was pounding...
"Start talking!" Taraji screamed at the top of her lungs.

Fantasia sighed, after probably cooking a fast lie.

"This is my doctor!" She said.

"Nice, try again. Don't-don't fucking waste my fucking time woman, I'm too upset to entertain your bull today. So talk! The truth, now" Taraji demanded.

"Where do I begin?"
"How about from the very beginning. I have time!" Taraji said..
Fantasia's heart was pounding still. Raven sat down looking at her, she was getting nervous.

......

Just a Friendly reminder to the right people...

Comment, vote and if you haven't already, Follow. ❤️❤️🌹🌹❤️