The training begins

I was woken up at 7:00 am. I was ordered to head to the lobby for instructions. I quickly got dressed and made my way to the lobby. On the way there I found Taylor and Ben.

"What do you think the training will be like?", I Asked

"I don't know" replied Taylor, "I'm just excited to learn the way of the dagger"

"Yeah, I am ready to become a swordsman", said Ben with a smile

We made it to the lobby. There was a man about 30 years old with a clipboard.

"He made an announcement, "Today we will work on our breathing and stamina, so we will be running a 10 mile route up here in the mountains so make sure you have warm clothes. After the run you will be given your breakfast."

"What the -?", I Said. "Thats a lot of miles"

I got warm clothes on and headed outside. Me and Taylor set out at slow pace while Ben went with the pack.

I felt like she was going to die after mile 5. Taylor and Me were able to complete the 10 miles with many brakes. We were the last runners back. I made my way to the archery station. I had never used a bow and arrow before, but I was just drawn to it.

The instructor was a 60 year old elderly woman.

I tried My best but couldn't seem to get an arrow on the target. The instructor came to help me.

"Hello Rachel dear"

"Hi"

"You seem to be having trouble with the bow and arrow."

"Yah a little" I say.

"Archery is all about being one with your bow. You control how much force is put into the arrow. Just let the flow of the bow guide you"

I took the bow and arrow. I focused. I felt the bow in my hands felt, the force of the string. I closed my eyes and felt the flow of the bow. I felt like I was one with the bow. I opened my eyes and released.

Bullseye. 

Taylor

I made my way to the dagger training station. I've always been drawn to the daggers. Ever since I started working for the FAR, I have used daggers. I like them because they are light. They felt good in my hands. I was determined to become a master.

The instructor teaching the lesson was a middle aged man, maybe older. He passed out wooden daggers.

"These are for practice", the instructor said. "My name is Thorfinn and I'll be your teacher.

That's an interesting name I thought.

"I have lots of real world experience with the dagger. Some say I am a master of the dagger. I have fought in battle and have taken nearly sixty lifes."

Woah, that's a lot. I had never taken a life before, and I didn't want to. I couldn't imagine taking a life.

I took the wooden dagger. It felt lighter than a normal dagger but it still felt good in my hands. Thorfinn told us to partner up for sparring. I partnered up with a girl about my age named Jessica.

We started to spar. I was able to win most of the matches. We sparred for about 20 minutes. I felt the eyes on me. People started to notice how skilled of a fighter I was.

"Taylor", said Thorfinn. "I would like you to spar with me. 

I felt nervous, Thorfinn was the instructor which meant that he was far better at fighting. He had tons of experience compared to my little amount. I grabbed my wooden dagger and made my way over.

We started sparring.

I swung my dagger to the left. He blocked it.

I felt like I couldn't get a hit on him. His defense was great and I couldn't get a hit on him.

Then he started attacking. I deflected his first attack.

His second attack was even faster. I couldn't stop it. The wooden dagger stopped two inches from my face.

"You still have much to learn Taylor.", said Thorfinn.